Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do I really want a JK ?

Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
A tj owner. Now there is a jeep that has a good engine! Nice ride. I do like JK's but the corners that daimler cut were to hard. The plastic's of the new jk scratch so easy , jap thin sheet metal , a mini van engine ? If you like the torque of the tj how do you think you will like the mini-van 3.8 ? Think not just like the majority of new JK owners.They wish they had more power. Maybe I will just wait till 2010 till the new "Phoenix V6 comes out in them)
Good News Tim! Your next Jeep is parked in my garage! Come get it! I have driven 08's, and yes, my TJ with 3 inch lift with 33's feels like a sports car compared to a 4 door with auto/3.21's. But the 3.73 with auto does very good IMO. Maybe I am just used to puttin along in a Jeep.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by w.wood jeepster
If you want a mall crawler, get a something else.
Sadly I resemble that remark........
Old 11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by w.wood jeepster
Forums, no matter what they are for, attract people who are going to complain, mine has had no problems at all. That being said most people on this forum like their JK's, so if you are trolling for a negative vibe about them, go somewhere else. Out of the box the JK is the most capable wrangler ever built. If you want an off road vehicle get a JK. If you want a mall crawler, get a something else.
how long have you had your new JK ? Not even twenty thou on the odometer I bet. You wait and you will experience the issues that people all over this forum are complainging about. i like the new Jk . I just am disappointed with all the corners ( Lots of corners) that daimler cut to get this on the production line. Cheap materials , plastics , and craftsmanship from a ninth grader in autoshop. You may be one of the few lucky ones to have yet hit a problem. Daimler up to this point has not found a proper fix (TSB) on this leaky freedom top. I'm not throwing down 30 plus on this pos till they a.Put the new phoenix v6 in it.b.Start upgrading the materials just like every other car company does after a few years on the production line to win back or grab new customers. Fact.

Last edited by Tim Corrigan; 11-06-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
Good News Tim! Your next Jeep is parked in my garage! Come get it! I have driven 08's, and yes, my TJ with 3 inch lift with 33's feels like a sports car compared to a 4 door with auto/3.21's. But the 3.73 with auto does very good IMO. Maybe I am just used to puttin along in a Jeep.
You don;t like the 4 ten gears and six speed ?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I do, but the local dealerships are offering me some great deals on 08's. I live in Iowa. So a Rubicon would lead a sad life in my hands. Like I said, I am not an offroader, BUT, thanks to this forum and the trails and tales section, my better half has agreed to take a trip out west next year. So maybe I will. But not going to the cost of a Rubicon for one trip.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
how long have you had your new JK ? Not even twenty thou on the odometer I bet. You wait and you will experience the issues that people all over this forum are complainging about. i like the new Jk . I just am disappointed with all the corners ( Lots of corners) that daimler cut to get this on the production line. Cheap materials , plastics , and craftsmanship from a ninth grader in autoshop. You may be one of the few lucky ones to have yet hit a problem. Daimler up to this point found a proper fix (TSB) on this leaky freedom top. I'm not throwing down 30 plus on this pos till they a.Put the new phoenix v6 in it.b.Start upgrading the materials just like evry other car company does after a few years on the production line to win back or grab new customers.
Now your assuming how many miles someone has on their jeep that is taking the time to answer YOUR question if you want a JK or not just to make your point!?!?!? So you just discount something positive a JK OWNER has to say because you don't agree with him???

As he said... stop trolling around complaining about a vehicle you don't own and sounds like you have NO INTENTION of ever buying. What's your point??
GO read the happy people stories on the happy people forums of all those other MUCH better quality SUV's that are as off road capable as the JK...
Old 11-06-2008, 09:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by greenryde
It's a jeep thing . You either love'em or hate'em. I have had my jeep for about 2 years now and I still love my JEEP. I haven't had any MAJOR problems other then rusty door hinges (which the dealer replaced) with my JEEP. If you love JEEPS you will love the JK
I do like the color of your jeep and wish you the best of luck with it. I guess I will wait till they put the new phoenix engine in it ( finally a real engine with power to pass and go uphills). Have a good one!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
Now your assuming how many miles someone has on their jeep that is taking the time to answer YOUR question if you want a JK or not just to make your point!?!?!? So you just discount something positive a JK OWNER has to say because you don't agree with him???

As he said... stop trolling around complaining about a vehicle you don't own and sounds like you have NO INTENTION of ever buying. What's your point??
GO read the happy people stories on the happy people forums of all those other MUCH better quality SUV's that are as off road capable as the JK...
Yes you are right I do not won a JK. Maybe I will when they put a real engine in it ( phoenix V6 ) power to pull a boat , power to go up a hill , and yes power to pass a jk with the 3.8. Some people like to research before they buy like checking out all the bad things a vehicle may bestow upon the owner and how much more it costs to run the bugger . i am not trolling around trying to undermine Jk owners.This is part of research.Did you research your vehicle or did it just look cool on the lot ?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SONIC
Why are you here?
Why do you come to the JK forum and talk about how much you dislike the jk? (even though you DONT own one)
We have a word for that, its called TROLL and its obnoxious.

if you have a question ask it.
If you dont go find another forum to be obnoxious on.

I love my jk. My top doesnt leak, it has plenty of power, the only problem iv had is my swaybar because i lifted it and didnt bother with longer links.
Not everyone hates their jeep, not all tops leak.

Its a COMPLETE redesign, there are ALWAYS bugs to iron out.
The plastic sucks. WHO CARES? i dont give a shit that my glovebox has scratches on it. If i drove a hummer i might but i dont.

so ask a question or roll.
A troll eh ha ha that made me laugh. Now as we all know daimler had cut major corners on this Jeep just to get it on the production line in order to recoup some lost funds cause of previous Quality issues with other makes in thier lineup. Do you have the four door ? You say you have power but from this 3.8 ? Did you throw some nos in it or did I miss something ?

Last edited by Tim Corrigan; 11-06-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Dude... he told you that his JK was awesome, no problems and he loved it and you said but well... yeah but yeah well... bet you don't have a lot of miles on it... So as I said you didn't want to even hear that somone loved their JK. Give me a freakin' break. YOU just want to trash Jk's... GO do it on a Hummer forum, you'll get more people to agree with you.

As far as research goes... won't even bother to tell you how much I know about car buying or the research I've done before I've purchased any of my new vehicles as you will just have some response to try to make your point anyway. I could be a master mechanic for all you know but it still wouldn't matter. You'll just keep making your assumptions and rambling on and on...

Speaking of research, if you've done so much of the due diligence you claim you are doing before buying a JK you would know that the Phoenix engine is pretty much assured to never see the light of day in a Wrangler. So stop saying you will wait till it comes out with one before you buy it. You aren't making yourself look any smarter.

Quick Reply: Do I really want a JK ?