Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do I really want a JK ?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hiontach
everyone who posts on this forum usually has a complaint... take into account the tons of other people who have a JK with no problems, they'll prolly never get on this forum, that's a huge difference...

well said sasquatch, you da man.
I have close to 600 posts and I have yet to complain about my Jeep.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
I have been researching a newer vehicle to replace my 1993 Cherokee with 324,180 kilometers on it. Ran well and still does. Could you say this about your JK? Ya no.I went down to the dealer to look at the new jk's and man they do look nice , but have you ever read the posts on this forum ? Crying and bitching about your P O S that won't start , leaks all the time , thin sheet metal , rusty hinges , rattles here and there , stalling , flashing , crappy plastic's ect...I can honestly say that I am unimpressed with the quality of this latest product ..and I'm a jeep man. You bought it now live with it. Jeep has now run its name into the ground and has the worst ratings for any car manufacturer to date but we still love them. They might as well be made in China cause the quality sure reflects it. At least the 04'grand cherokee has some quality in it. Mad Jeeper.
wow... 13 posts... good foot to start off on... i will hold my opinion as the rest of members will take care of it.

however... i will say that this is a pointless post... there is no question to be answered, no concept to discuss... sooooooooooooo

its simply, "Crying and bitching" by a "jeep man" that needs to "live with it"

- Happy Jeeper
Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

oh yeah... i almost forgot and
Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sully151
I have close to 600 posts and I have yet to complain about my Jeep.
Look at my post number. I love my Jeep. It's had some repairs done under warranty but I have ZERO complaints.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am of the opinion that if you are second guessing the decision enough to voice it, then it probably isnt the right one for you.

I find that works most of the time for myself on most things. If i am asking myself questions, then i am not listening to my gut, and I should, it's usually right, it's my dumb head that gets me into trouble.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to say he is totally full of crap, I doubt he even has a 93 Cherokee. Prove it post a pic of the odometer with todays newspaper in it.

I think he's just another Hummer flaming troll
Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was the first to see this post but i ignored it b/c i knew this wasn't going to go over well... i will tell you straight up.
-i don't think you should buy a JK, because that means you would be here often and i don't want you tearing down moral. you constantly repeat yourself on how chrysler cuts corners and has cheap plastic. - i cried once too. if you don't like the quality don't buy the vehicle if you can't trust it. and IMO you obviously don't trust anyone or anything coming from this forum. if someone tell syou they love their JK, you tell them they don't have enough miles on it yet. they compliment their jeeps on the power and abilities they have, and you say that daddy must have bought it for you. who are you to judge people?
"gtfo" sir.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see a problem with the OP. I'd be pissed too if I plunked down all this money only to have the steering clunk and death wobble. And let's face it, Chrysler blow big time. If you didn't have a Jeep, would you own a Chrysler? I wouldn't touch another Chrysler with a 10 foot bowl. Wouldn't you all love it if your Wrangler was produced with the same workmanship as a Toyota? I would.

I also think though that Wranglers experience more troubles because they get driven very hard. Given that they're crawled, ran through mud and basically beaten to death practically overall they're pretty tough. I've only offroaded mine several times, nothing hard. I have 7k miles on it and it's running perfectly, but I also tend to drive like a grandma.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

If it sways you any, I've had zero problems with my Jeep thus far. You generally hear the people with problems more than those without. Not like people come in here and go, "Just to update you guys, my Jeep still runs fine!"
Old 11-07-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spartan99
I don't see a problem with the OP. I'd be pissed too if I plunked down all this money only to have the steering clunk and death wobble. And let's face it, Chrysler blow big time. If you didn't have a Jeep, would you own a Chrysler? I wouldn't touch another Chrysler with a 10 foot bowl. Wouldn't you all love it if your Wrangler was produced with the same workmanship as a Toyota? I would.

I also think though that Wranglers experience more troubles because they get driven very hard. Given that they're crawled, ran through mud and basically beaten to death practically overall they're pretty tough. I've only offroaded mine several times, nothing hard. I have 7k miles on it and it's running perfectly, but I also tend to drive like a grandma.
I'd own a challenger in a heartbeat. I'd own a ram in a heartbeat. Power Wagon anyone??

The problem that forums make, is that people post up the negatives not the positives. If you see a handful of posts about a leaky top then you think they all have them. No one starts a post. My Wrangler hasn't had a leaky top or my jeep is perfect etc...

There was a great post on here today about owning a wrangler. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Quick Reply: Do I really want a JK ?