Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do I really want a JK ?

Old 11-07-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
My point being is talking to people who have JK's and their experience with them. What problems do they have and how frequent they are. The only way to get an idea about them is to ask other owners which is what im doing. I do like JK's and how they look with the new four door since I am a family man now but still want to have fun. I tow a boat and this mini-van engine just does not do it , nor does the thin Jap metal that dents with a finger , plastics that scratch just by looking at them. i want better quality and by reading the views from owners and what problems they face on a daily basis makes my decision easier . Wait till the lawsuits start coming in because of the stalling issue and how truly dangerous it is. I am tired of this company making crappier models with below average reliablilty. they used to be better and you know it.
Oh, now I see all of the reasons you like it. It would seem as you have already made your decision.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What year was your F150 ?
'99

2wd.

-crappy brakes~multiple repairs, they never worked right.
-rearend diff bearings went to hell on it which destroyed the axles.
-EFI problems up the wazoo.
-alignment wouldnt hold, was in for that, they pretty much replaced everything on the front end, still went out if you looked at it crooked.

etc.

My JK, hands down kicks that Ford's ass on build quality and reliability.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
:rotfl mao2:

o how uneducated people make me laugh.

P.S.

How is that un-educated ? My findings and documentation from this site and others have been helpfull to help guide me in making my decision on whether to buy or not to buy. If you have nothing good to say ..shut it.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
'99

2wd.

-crappy brakes~multiple repairs, they never worked right.
-rearend diff bearings went to hell on it which destroyed the axles.
-EFI problems up the wazoo.
-alignment wouldnt hold, was in for that, they pretty much replaced everything on the front end, still went out if you looked at it crooked.

etc.

My JK, hands down kicks that Ford's ass on build quality and reliability.
Hey we all know what Ford stand for. Gladto hear your jk is good for you.

Last edited by Tim Corrigan; 11-07-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

My point being is talking to people who have JK's and their experience with them. What problems do they have and how frequent they are. The only way to get an idea about them is to ask other owners which is what im doing. I do like JK's and how they look with the new four door since I am a family man now but still want to have fun. I tow a boat and this mini-van engine just does not do it , nor does the thin Jap metal that dents with a finger , plastics that scratch just by looking at them. i want better quality and by reading the views from owners and what problems they face on a daily basis makes my decision easier . Wait till the lawsuits start coming in because of the stalling issue and how truly dangerous it is. I am tired of this company making crappier models with below average reliablilty. they used to be better and you know it.
No.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

LEAVE THE JEEP LOT, GO HOME, PUT IN SOME BRYAN ADAMS, WATCH SOME KIDS IN THE HALL, AND LEAVE US REAL JEEP LOVERS TO COMMISERATE TOGETHER.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The minivan engine is just about the same specs as the previous 4.0. I've towed with my JK just fine and many many others have. There is a thread of people towing with it. Also, how can you say it's not good enough when you've never done it.

There will be no lawsuits and the vehicle is hardly dangerous. Here is an easy way to tell if a jeep is for you. If you hike, camp, do outdoor activities and want a vehicle to take you anywhere then buy it. If you're not that person then a jeep isn't for you.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is that un-educated ? My findings and documentation from this site and others have been helpfull to help guide me in making my decision on whether to buy or not to buy. If you have nothing good to say ..shut it.
your findings are based on web forums. That's like doing a report based on info from wiki. Of course people will post a problem on a forum. No one posts how great the vehicle is. You see a post of a leaky top. So that's 50 people on a forum of 10k with a leaky top and you think it's horrible. Go out and drive the damn vehicle and make YOUR OWN opinions. Buying a vehicle is not a difficult process. Especially a jeep. If you do outdoor activities and want/need a vehicle to take you to remote places then buy it. If you just need a vehicle with space and a good towing then don't buy it. Simple.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PIPES2008
LEAVE THE JEEP LOT, GO HOME, PUT IN SOME BRYAN ADAMS, WATCH SOME KIDS IN THE HALL, AND LEAVE US REAL JEEP LOVERS TO COMMISERATE TOGETHER.
oh o.k i'll go. Freedom of speach......your government made that a staple in your society so take it..not everything is coated with gravy and grits. Get with the program and go listen to some country.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, IMO your research is skewed. you have taken the condensed opinions of a very small portion of overall Jeep owners, and used that little piece of congealed info to form a conclusion.

not everyone has ALL of the problems, most have none at all, a few have more than one, some have enough for it to be a problem.

roughly 15,000 members here, how many jeeps have been sold?

You've made your choice, that's fine, you prefer to buy something else, cool.

I guess i need to wonder too, if those things are really the case? why keep at it? the only thing that is going to happen here is the thread will get more stupid than it already is, and get tossed in the trash.

Edit: Ooops, i think Jeepinmass made the point already *L*

Quick Reply: Do I really want a JK ?