Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do I really want a JK ?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
I don't see a problem with the OP. I'd be pissed too if I plunked down all this money only to have the steering clunk and death wobble. And let's face it, Chrysler blow big time. If you didn't have a Jeep, would you own a Chrysler? I wouldn't touch another Chrysler with a 10 foot bowl. Wouldn't you all love it if your Wrangler was produced with the same workmanship as a Toyota? I would.

I also think though that Wranglers experience more troubles because they get driven very hard. Given that they're crawled, ran through mud and basically beaten to death practically overall they're pretty tough. I've only offroaded mine several times, nothing hard. I have 7k miles on it and it's running perfectly, but I also tend to drive like a grandma.
that a good point... wranglers are known for off road performance... they do it well.

my accord does not do nearly as well in the mud and its kinda scary when i crawl rocks with it.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=spartan99;778925]Wouldn't you all love it if your Wrangler was produced with the same workmanship as a Toyota? I would. [QUOTE]
Yep I would love a frame that would crack and break in half when I went off-road!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

I don't see a problem with the OP. I'd be pissed too if I plunked down all this money only to have the steering clunk and death wobble. And let's face it, Chrysler blow big time. If you didn't have a Jeep, would you own a Chrysler? I wouldn't touch another Chrysler with a 10 foot bowl. Wouldn't you all love it if your Wrangler was produced with the same workmanship as a Toyota? I would.

I also think though that Wranglers experience more troubles because they get driven very hard. Given that they're crawled, ran through mud and basically beaten to death practically overall they're pretty tough. I've only offroaded mine several times, nothing hard. I have 7k miles on it and it's running perfectly, but I also tend to drive like a grandma.
glad to hear all is well wiht your jk and ya it would be nice to have jap build quality in a North American vehicle !
Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[snip]I wouldn't touch another Chrysler with a 10 foot bowl. [snip].

I'm thinkin' i need to see this 10ft bowl!

10ft... wow, that'd take like what, a bail or two at least?
Old 11-07-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=myklt8;778963][QUOTE=spartan99;778925]Wouldn't you all love it if your Wrangler was produced with the same workmanship as a Toyota? I would.
Yep I would love a frame that would crack and break in half when I went off-road!
yeppers indeed break in two
Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Having owned a TJ for five years, used as a daily driver and driven and wheeled all over the country, I can say that my JK is better in every respect, on and off-road. So far my JK has been every bit as dependable as the TJ as well. As for the 3.8L, it did better in and over the Rockies than my TJ ever did, and that's with 2" larger tires on it. I'm very satisfied with mine. BTW, the Pheonix engine line-up has been cancelled for Chrysler. You're approach in this thread sure doesn't sound like "research", more like flame-bait. Enjoy your Cherokee.
Fact. Chrysler is spending 2 billion dollars for the new engine plant and that doesn't even include the engineering for the engine. This new V6 will be a staple through their entire linup. Fact. it has mors than 280 horspower.Way more than Toyotas 3.3 and 4.0. It has aluminum block and heads , variable valve timming. if you don't beleive me go check out Allpar.com and read it for yourself. oh and yes the 3.8 did do better up in the mountains because the old four litre does not like high altitudes. Fact.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Wow. I didn't realize this thread was a troll thread til I read through it more. So much for saying anything.

Tim, get a job.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=SASQUATCH;779027][QUOTE=myklt8;778963]
Wouldn't you all love it if your Wrangler was produced with the same workmanship as a Toyota? I would.

yeppers indeed break in two
Oh and yes America is at war. Why do you think your economy is in the crapper.ie. Thank you Mr.Bush You should know . Jeeper in Canada.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my JK. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tkob1060
I'm going to say he is totally full of crap, I doubt he even has a 93 Cherokee. Prove it post a pic of the odometer with todays newspaper in it.

I think he's just another Hummer flaming troll
my 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country 2 door.2 inch lift , K and N filter.Great power. Over 324,000 k on her and still strong. Sorry no pic. It is green . I do not like Hummers. They look mean and rugged but are for rappers and linebackers who don't care about our environment. They are Gas Guzzlers to the max.

Last edited by Tim Corrigan; 11-07-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Do I really want a JK ?