Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Doors off freeway

Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John L
Better than a motorcycle, you don't have to keep balance.
Or worry about bugs getting in your mouth!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
Good lord... Who cares?! You only live once... You ever ridden a motorcycle? I do 70mph to work and to school on I-95 and can't get enough of it!!! Live the life baby! Become one with the Jeep.

Da Word!

Heck if I can drive my Scooter at over 125, the Jeep I'm not too worried about, and the jeep will do much better in a down pour, even if everything gets wet... Bike don't like heavy water on the freeway in the curves.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
They do sell them in almost every catalogue I get. Also there have been some cheap DIY rigs posted here including the ones I did but they are not hinge mounts.
Can you name some place where I can get one? I looked all over; auto parts stores, Jeep shop (only had one for a CJ), bicycle shop, even Wally World, where I picked this up.

It's for Moms to watch a kid in the back seat.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rafiki
Are side mirrors mandatory?
It depends upon your state laws. Louisiana it is a ticketable offense.
It could depend upon your state of mind; don't crack any cop jokes about him being late for a donut sale!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07rube
Can you name some place where I can get one? I looked all over; auto parts stores, Jeep shop (only had one for a CJ), bicycle shop, even Wally World, where I picked this up.

It's for Moms to watch a kid in the back seat.
Got a problem looking at the sponsor's website's and ordering them? Heck even (God Forbid) JC Whitney has them in the catalogue online. No one local that I know of except the dealer has them. You could also try doing a search here and making some like a lot of us did.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

I can tell you that if you have a fifteen year old in the back eating a peach smoothie that a good amount of the smoothie will end up on the inside of the windshield.

Quick Reply: Doors off freeway