Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Getting in and out of the JK (for the elderly)

Old 05-29-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon

bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14158430
And don't forget your BB&B 20% off coupon if you buy this one.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bikerglen
And don't forget your BB&B 20% off coupon if you buy this one.
Hey it's nice folds up flat and if you have that coupon (I think the wife has one) it is 20% off. It matters not where you get it as long as it works and does not look like crap. In fact if I needed one of those for my crew that would be the ticket but I have side steps.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
I envy you folks- my mom died at age 40 from the big C, shes been gone for 33 years. May the angels sing her name- RUTH
I'm so sorry to hear that.

My Mom had a close call last year, ended up in hospital needing a triple bypass...gave us all a big scare
Old 05-30-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Hey it's nice folds up flat and if you have that coupon (I think the wife has one) it is 20% off. It matters not where you get it as long as it works and does not look like crap. In fact if I needed one of those for my crew that would be the ticket but I have side steps.
Exactly. I think it looks pretty cool. Currently, I use my dirt bike stand as a stepping stool when washing the Jeep or Tundra. I'm tired of forgetting and backing over it. This would be perfect. Might need to get two though. Spares, ya know...
Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Very nice and clean install, thanks for sharing the idea...
Old 05-30-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

My 82 year old 5'4" father in law rides in my Rubicon regularly. That is one of the reasons I do not want to lift mine. He is able to get in by backing up to the seat and using a sport bar mounted hand grip. It sometimes takes a little effort, but he is still pretty spry for an old guy.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

My 78 year old step mom needed a step stool and a boost to get in my 2dr. She loves 4x4 and drives a Durango herself. She said she liked the grip of the "oh sh_t handle".

I asked why she called it an 'oh sh_t handle". She replied when your off roading and hit a nasty bump, you grab that handle and yell 'oh SH_T" when your bouncin around.

It took me 22 minutes to stop laughing after hearing that from a 78 year old church going grandma. Gotta lover her for that, plus she cooks her ass off for me too.....
Old 05-31-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=HappyCurmudgeon;525180]walmart has some nice little folding step stools for a 20spot. I have one for my mom.

like this one:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14158430
[/quote]

I to have a Mother who is older and I picked up a white stool just like this... also having a 2.5" lift,the stool works really well. My Mom loves my Jeep. i've been taking my Mom in my Jeep's for years and she loves it when the top and the doors are off... Mom's 76 by the way... she was a little upset when i told her I was gonna lift it though... but she still enjoy's it, gotta love Mom's

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 06-01-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

I took my 98 Y/O grandmother for a jeep ride, she loved it! Just picked her up and sat her in, she doesn't weigh a lot. She liked sitting up high, and she hates being treated like an old person.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Shortly before the angels took my mom in 92 we had a Dodge Ramcharger, a challenge for me to get into (I'm 5'3") but we carried a little step stool for my 4'11" mom who by the way was in her 70's. She never complained, seemed to really enjoy it because it was big, comfortable and she could see everything around her. You might give the folks a chance to enjoy your ride, just make it easier for them to get into it, they may surprise you. Have a nice visit with them.

Last edited by Momma T; 06-01-2008 at 06:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Getting in and out of the JK (for the elderly)