Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I was just trolling a Hummer forum...

Old 03-13-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can honestly say I rescued an H1 in the Utah west desert with my Rubi.

My father locked his keys inside and I drove him back to town to get the spares!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

wow...thanks for burning a productive hour of my work time.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by utjeeper

My father locked his keys inside and I drove him back to town to get the spares!
Well then in all honosty, how would you compare an H1 to a Rubi???
Old 03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

"I think it's partially envy, since the Hummer is more iconic and draws more attention."

WTH? I thought Jeep's were more of an American icon?

Also hummers draw more attention because they're 6400lb vehicles, have 25 square feet of chrome on them, and normally have dubs on them.

I think that hummer owner is mis-interpreting his H2 getting attention. His H2 is definitely drawing attention, but its from people pointing and laughing at it.

man...I really do hate hummers
Old 03-13-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by utjeeper

HAHAHAHA, that's a good one. I was all hoping for a cool story, and then you killed my hopes. lol
Old 03-13-2008, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorrel
Well then in all honosty, how would you compare an H1 to a Rubi???
We have been out on trail together several times now, both with my rubi and my previous jeep, an LJ with an OME lift and 33's.

* H1 wins at speed off road. He can fly down dirt road that are beating me to death.

* The H1 and the rubi have been able to go all the same places with no problems. The H1 had to take an alternate route once where the trail was too narrow.

* The ground clearance is amazing on the H1.

* The H1 seems to struggle more in real deep sticky mud, I assume do to the weight, but he did not get stuck. At the time the H1 had MTRs and I had BFG muds.

* I think the rubi is more comfortable. If you have ever been in an H1, the seats are narrow.

* The H1 does get more attention, but my roof comes off
Old 03-13-2008, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

You have to love the never ending debate. I personally do not like the new hummers simple because gm is ruining the image of the hummer. It used to be a rugged truck and now it is all about the crome. I have always wanted to own a jeep wrangler and a hummer h1 since i was a kid. I love to take the top off and the doors. However to address the jeep owners being jeleous of the h2 i dont think that could be farther from the truth. Most jeep owners who have the money to buy an h2 end up building a sick rig. They talk about how the hummer has more power and the jeeps engine is weak. However I could buy a rubicon and put a 6.1 hemi in it or even better a cummins diesel for the same price. I have never driven in a wrangler with an aftermarket engine but imprety sure that here in missoula AEV's 4 door 5.9 cummins on 37's would blow the doors of just about anything. There are deffenitley a few guys on the forum who have built some monsters. I just read about a guy who put a 3.9 cummins in his truck and is running it on 39's. I bet that thing is a beast.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post #26 on that forum...sheesh!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well......this is an interesting thread.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Inspite of the supporters on the Humjob site, some their still call the Jeep a "car".