Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Im done with Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler

Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see-you know Chrysler is terrible but you still bought a Jeep from them? $600 is probably the max amount Jeep will pay for the job code. I'm thinking if you took the $600 and took it somewhere you probably can pocket some dough.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

This appears galvanic corrosion. Why Crapsler do not put stainless steel hinges there?
Why not diesel, hemi, etc? Why not less chrome and more neoprene, carbon, etc?
Jeep people, open your eyes.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES
Let's see-you know Chrysler is terrible but you still bought a Jeep from them? $600 is probably the max amount Jeep will pay for the job code. I'm thinking if you took the $600 and took it somewhere you probably can pocket some dough.
Yep. Or bedliner them yourself and pocket $500, then spend that on some other upgrades.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like my Jeep
Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do it yourself bedliner will not stop rust. Take the hinges off, spray them with the appropriate color of rustoleum and then mask and respray in the future as necessary.

My JKU has no hinge paint problems - but I live in CA.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I forgot to mention that I've loved every jeep I've owned, but every single one has had problems up until my newest one. My JKU is an 08 and has been rumbling along just fine - other that the primer that shows on rear tailgate where they failed to paint it from the factory. Oh, and the fact that my black jeep has a Rescue green interior.... and Rescue green roll bars...

Thank you Chrysler for your exceptional attention to detail.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES
Originally Posted by bfreebern

Yep. Or bedliner them yourself and pocket $500, then spend that on some other upgrades.
That's what I'm doing
Old 07-01-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear how they treated you , first off i am a long time mopar fan. thia 2011 is my first jeep but i have owned an 89 , a 95 and now an 03 caravan as well as a 2000 and 2003 dodge ram pickup . every forum specific to these vehicles the owners bash them aand have every problem you can imagine , transmissions ,engines ,corrosion etc .guess what i have had zero and all mine had many thousands if not over a 100k miles with only minor if any problems , my wifes 03 has 160k and i would drive it cross country no hesitation . not trying to sound high and mighty , but i just dont see where they are bad vehicles. i am ocd about my maintenance but my vehicles are driven and i dont baby them . the caravans were almost like slip seated big rigs when the kids started driving they almost never shut down when someone was getting out someone else was getting in to drive elsewhere. i know this has little to do with a paint issue but i felt i had to defend chrysler to some degree as i have always gotten great service from them . i wonder how common your problem is and i just cant imagine chrysler brushing someone off like that , they should make legitimate complaints right or shame on them
Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

To add to the Anti Chrysler statements, I've yet to own one product of theirs that didn't have a fairly significant problem, including my 2011 Wrangler. Hello???? You've had this model out for like 5 years now and you still F it up? Jezzzz!!!! Rant over!

But still, there's something about driving a Jeep compared to anything else.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default you are the first

In well over 30 years I've NEVER seen a warranty claim paid out UP FRONT with a check. It is ALWAYS a reimbursement, paid only after the work was done and paid only by presentation of a reciept and dealership documentation. Any dealership cutting checks without documentation WILL NOT be reimbursed by Chrysler, Ford, GM, Fiat or Yugo. I'm not saying your story is false, but it sure doesn't follow accepted warranty methods. The reason for this is to prevent people from collecting for proper repairs and then half-assing it and pocketing the money, not to deny anyones deserved warranty protection.

Quick Reply: Im done with Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler