Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep - make an actual pick-up

Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point. Wish they would take the GM approach (Ex: chevy/tahoe, gmc/Yukon, caddy/escl'd)

It's not competing it's capitalizing on brand loyalty and simple differences (cosmetic and in some case functional)
Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mizippi
Good point. Wish they would take the GM approach (Ex: chevy/tahoe, gmc/Yukon, caddy/escl'd)

It's not competing it's capitalizing on brand loyalty and simple differences (cosmetic and in some case functional)
Yeah that'd be a great idea ... I believe I heard from somebody that they were thinking about making the new Dakota a uni body on the same chassis as the grand Cherokee ... I don't know if that would be good or not .... All I know is that the dakota was pretty much a failure and that is one of the only downfalls to chryslers new lineup... It would be perfect timing to introduce a new Dakota and jeep truck on the same chassis but just different cosmetics like the chevy/gmc ... Then the ram customers would be happy and the jeep guys would be happy ... I hope

Last edited by dannyfrench; 05-04-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Making the mopar world happy should be their goal for sure!

I am just not digging the talk about these JK conversions. They will never make it to production.....to narrow of a target. Could you see the wife picking up the kids in one of those conversions. Are they cool he'll ya, but let's put our weight behind something that can make production.

Realty is that almost all of us would have to use this as our daily drive. That has to be the first consideration for production. Can it be a FULLY functioning daily drive.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

I watched a video clip of the truck conversion prototype, and the guy narrating described it as a 'holdover' until Jeep can actually build a production truck. He was probably add-libbing, but the concept kinda makes sense.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

One can hope.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 2 cents

Yes, Chrysler. Make a vehicle called a "truck" with an even smaller passenger compartment for hauling styrofoam. Cause that's totally American. Not. It's bad enough we bailed you out. Quit trying to blow it. How about commissioning Cummings to chop 2 piston holes off one of their diesels and give us some 20 MPG freakin torque.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would love a diesel!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nchorsepower
Yes, Chrysler. Make a vehicle called a "truck" with an even smaller passenger compartment for hauling styrofoam. Cause that's totally American. Not. It's bad enough we bailed you out. Quit trying to blow it. How about commissioning Cummings to chop 2 piston holes off one of their diesels and give us some 20 MPG freakin torque.
There is absolutely no reason to commission Cummins to do anything. Bring back the 5.9L and you will have your 20 MPG, I don't know the 6.7L but you can easily see 19 - 20+ MPG with the 5.9L Highway and city.. Or just use the Cummins 4BT which has been used for years in delivery trucks.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default jeep gladiator

new and up and coming for jeep. the first truck!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default or the

or the new conversion by mopar going to be available next year

Quick Reply: Jeep - make an actual pick-up