Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ugh! Shrockworks!!

Old 04-16-2007, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

MichaelW-- I have called them-- 3 times-- 3 different ship dates....see why I am frustrated?????:sad:
Old 04-16-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not just Shrockworks, most of the aftermarket suppliers are struggling with the demand. I ordered my Shrockworks sliders through Northridge 4x4 and got them in four weeks. Unfortunately they were damaged during shipping. Pretty amazing that anything could damage them, they were stout. I have shipped them back and will wait for new ones.

I have ordered a lot of stuff for the jeep. It seems common for vendors in the aftermarket Jeep industry to charge the card when ordered. I had one vendor tell me that if I wanted to place an order they would have to charge the card, if I did not want to have the card charged then I could wait until they had product on the shelf and they would charge the card when it shipped.

I still have ways to go with the mods and it has been frustrating at times, but it is worth the wait.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 2007-49.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1286
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In a mail order business, there are rules established by the FTC that a business must follow. I've been operating my website business for 7 years now and I would never advertise my products without a clear explanation of when the products will ship. Even if there could be delays, the circumstances involved with those delays would be spelled out so a customer would be aware of them before submitting an order.

It's known in marketing as the "30 Day Rule". If anyone feels like reading it...

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...mailorder.shtm

I only bring this up so you know a little bit about the vendor's responsiblity and to help clear up any confusion about vendor/customer communication.

As far as your credit card being charged right away, I'm not sure of the laws regarding that. I bill when the item ships. I disagree with the statement that they take your money up front to make sure you have the funds available so they don't get screwed. If they create an item and then find out you can't pay for it, that item becomes inventory and gets sold to the next buyer. These aren't custom one-off items that they're building.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Maybe Jeep owners should demand better customer service...instead of just saying...well they are "worth the wait"....again I am not so much frustrated on that they charged me its because they cannot give me a straight ship date!!! It keeps changing!!! Threee times!!!! Is an email too much to ask if there are problems?
Old 04-16-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigO
I disagree with the statement that they take your money up front to make sure you have the funds available so they don't get screwed. If they create an item and then find out you can't pay for it, that item becomes inventory and gets sold to the next buyer. These aren't custom one-off items that they're building.
I don't think it's their right, but its certainly what a lot of them do...I don't see a big deal with it...

Of course, this is a good reason why you should NEVER user a debit card online...always use a credit card.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Does any manufacture have sliders sitting on the shelf? if so go buy them, if not and you still want them, you will have to wait. Hence I was just letting you know from my experience of seeing a pair that I feel they are worth the wait. :confused:
Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Of course, this is a good reason why you should NEVER user a debit card online...always use a credit card.
Good advice.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

ya know cMac--- Its not that I am opposed to waiting...its not that they charged me when I ordered...Its that everytime I call...they give me a different ship date. That is FRUSTRATING. I never expected them overnight...but I also never expected the runaround....:confused:
Old 04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKGirl
ya know cMac--- Its not that I am opposed to waiting...its not that they charged me when I ordered...Its that everytime I call...they give me a different ship date. That is FRUSTRATING. I never expected them overnight...but I also never expected the runaround....:confused:
Ya I know jkgirl- It is frustrating. From the day you order your jeep to the last mod no one can give a stright answer. As your prevoius posting mentioned we jeep owners could "demand better customer service". What are you going to to if they don't meet your expectations? Cancel the order? or do you have some other secret way to make the vendor strieghten up?

I don't think that any of these vendors are attentionally trying to piss people off. If anything they are overly optimistic on their manufacturing capacity. Then they get more orders than expected, then a glitch in the product design and then you have a output problem.

If a giant corp like DC could not forecast the demand for the new JK how do you expect a small aftermarket vendor?

I have had schedule impacts with everything that I have bought for the JK including the JK itself.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by onsafari
This is not a custom part it's a catalog on the shelf item that is back order thus you cannot be charged for said item till it's ready for shipment.
Most large businesses, as a courtesy only, do not charge a credit card when an order is placed. They usually say so prominently on their website. There are occasional businesses, whether it's a custom part or not, that do charge the card when the order is placed. They usually don't say anything on their website about when the card will be charged. Shrockworks falls into that latter category--or at least I didn't stumble across their charging policy when I ordered my powder coated rock rails a few weeks back.

Maybe my patience comes from the amateur astronomy world, where some telescopes have three-year waiting lists--before they let you place a deposit and order for another 2-3 years of waiting for scope delivery!

Be patient--all good things come with patience.

Quick Reply: Ugh! Shrockworks!!