Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Washed the Jeep and am not Happy. . . . .

Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washed the Jeep and am not Happy. . . . .

Is it just me, or does washing the Jeep just beg you to go out and get it dirty?

I just got my 4 door Rubi 4 weeks ago, and HAD to have RedRock Red becuase I loved the color so much. But now, I dont think it looks right being clean? Especially with the mixture of Red Colorado Dirt and mud I have had on it consistently (matches so good with the redrock).

WTF? Anyone else suffer this problem?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

black is so hard to keep clean i have learned to like it dirty.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
I've gone wheelin' or really got it dirty IMMEDIATELY after I washed it several times. Just comes up that way. I like mine to either be pretty clean, or trail dirty. I don't like it to be grungy otherwise. If the water didn't evaporate as soon as it came out of the hose, I'd wash it. It's 113* during the day and 90* at night, I don't stand a chance lol
Holy Sh.t! That hot!

My ride to work this morning was a bit chilly at 58 degrees with no doors and top down! Clean though, well mostly.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've gone wheelin' or really got it dirty IMMEDIATELY after I washed it several times. Just comes up that way. I like mine to either be pretty clean, or trail dirty. I don't like it to be grungy otherwise. If the water didn't evaporate as soon as it came out of the hose, I'd wash it. It's 113* during the day and 90* at night, I don't stand a chance lol
MY GOD, THAT IS HOT!!!!

Been in the 90's here in Colorado during the day and I thought I was cooking a bit. Hopefully the is always cold.

Anyways, I badly want to go romp on some trails now. . . . . . .
Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

I put my doors on yesterday since it was so humid. Unfortunately They are caked in mud but the rest of the Jeep is clean!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrunkinFugger
I put my doors on yesterday since it was so humid. Unfortunately They are caked in mud but the rest of the Jeep is clean!
, how do you do that? lol!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrunkinFugger
Ha, I've done that before too. Jeep was dirty (real dirty) took the doors off, then a few days later gave her a sponge bath so the Jeep was sparkly clean, then needed to put doors back on for a day or 2 and they were caked with mud.

I'm just mad I forgot to take a picture of that then.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I love my white, I can go forever without washing it. No scratches too
i do the same for my silver, just rinse it off and then go over it with a rag, no scratches either, i like mine to look like i take it off road, but i like it some what clean too
Old 07-16-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I know the feeling..
I find it amazing how to my eyes, a spotless clean jeep looks good, but a dirty trail look also looks good
But one or the other, not both...
I truly was reminded of this the last time I rotated my tires.
I had a trail run with my clean Jeep and it actually looked great (lots of mud). The next day I rotated the tires using the spare (5 tire rotation) it just didn't go. I had a cool looking trail dirtied Jeep with one spotless clean tire/wheel, it looked weird.

Quick Reply: Washed the Jeep and am not Happy. . . . .