Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why buy a Rubi?

Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ChopperKrawler;175357]
Originally Posted by ARsahara

Who cares what people do with their own Jeeps. I'd have to disagree that "MOST" Rubicons will be "Mall Crawlers". Just b/c the "10" [people at your work stay washed and waxed doesn't mean that the majority of people in the U.S. aren't wheeling theres. Thats more of a representation of the kind of people YOU work with. Your same statement could be made about X's and Saharas but would be just as ignorant. Yes, not everyone is a hardcore wheeler, thats their choice. Looks like the majority of the Rubi's on this forum have pics showing them in action. And yes my Rubi stays clean and yes I put it in 4wd frequently. I like to take care of my investment. I don't have to justify anything to anybody.
All of these generalizations on posts like this only point back to insecurities.

Thanks Doctor Phil........what a weirdo! If you had any common sense then you would know that I was not refering to the ones on the forum...........the pictures obviously show that they use theirs. You've had you're one and only jeep for 3 weeks(despite what his other posts say), don't act like your doing something punk. What a dork!

He's my brother people..........so I know.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

This has been a wierd read for me, I didn't know there was such "conflict" between Rubicon's and X/Sahara models. Its definately immature, seeing as one who owns the vehicle can do whatever they want; they are the ones paying the bill.

Anyway, I ordered a Rubicon because I'm basically lazy and wanted a capable rig right outta the factory, with a warranty. I grew up on a farm in the hills of Ohio, my mother's family is originally from a location near Tellico, and I plan on doing lots of wheeling with the new machine.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Can Handle the Truth
This has been a wierd read for me, I didn't know there was such "conflict" between Rubicon's and X/Sahara models. Its definately immature, seeing as one who owns the vehicle can do whatever they want; they are the ones paying the bill.

Anyway, I ordered a Rubicon because I'm basically lazy and wanted a capable rig right outta the factory, with a warranty. I grew up on a farm in the hills of Ohio, my mother's family is originally from a location near Tellico, and I plan on doing lots of wheeling with the new machine.
Definately. I hate working on junk on the trail. I want to wheel and enjoy the scenery. Not only that I dont have the skills to swap out the front Dana 30 diff. And it would cost me close to 5K at a shop to be done right....Hmmm, 5K gets me a Rubicon alone right off the bat.

And, ALL FOURWHEELERS know what the Rubicon model is, and it makes a statement when you are off-road,(or at the mall and someone is trying to see what new rig that is with 37s) that MAYBE you are not just a newbie out to block the trail...I say there is a definate "Coolness" factor in having the most capable STOCK 4x4 in the world. I know old time Jeeps will say that Blastomy and you must BUIILD a Jeep....Ok, you build yours while I buy one and go wheeling
Old 09-13-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=ARsahara;176166]
Originally Posted by ChopperKrawler

Thanks Doctor Phil........what a weirdo! If you had any common sense then you would know that I was not refering to the ones on the forum...........the pictures obviously show that they use theirs. You've had you're one and only jeep for 3 weeks(despite what his other posts say), don't act like your doing something punk. What a dork!

He's my brother people..........so I know.
Who is this guy? If you don't want someone responding to the stupid things you post, then don't post. I don't care if you're referring to the ones on the forum or not, the point is, you make stupid comments and try to present them as facts. Nobody cares what you think or what people at your work do with their jeeps. Get a life. I think your bipolar, and why do you like to stalk me on this forum. I guess I need to get a restraining order. Oh you're one of these "experts" who finally saved up enough money to get a Jeep and traded in your lowered truck on 22's to gain a new identity, while living in your moms basement. If I was related to you I'd shoot myself. Keep my name out of your mouth son, and know your role.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Can Handle the Truth

Yeah, I agree with you. I had to say something to these people that constantly make dumb statements about Rubicons. How can a person predict what the majority of Rubicon owners are gonna do? It seems to me that a few people on this forum (not all) that own X models, or Sahara's have to take it upon themselves to make stupid comments about people who bought Rubicons and call people mall crawlers and so forth. But I guess it's impossible to argue with dumb people. Let them think what they want to.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ChopperKrawler
Yeah, I agree with you. I had to say something to these people that constantly make dumb statements about Rubicons. How can a person predict what the majority of Rubicon owners are gonna do? It seems to me that a few people on this forum (not all) that own X models, or Sahara's have to take it upon themselves to make stupid comments about people who bought Rubicons and call people mall crawlers and so forth. But I guess it's impossible to argue with dumb people. Let them think what they want to.
Why are you so insecure that this even bothers you? If someone wants to make generalizations about Rubicon owners, so be it - If I say that the majority of Rubi owners don't wheel 'em, and you DO wheel yours, what's the issue? Clearly, the statement doesn't apply to you...
Old 09-14-2007, 04:15 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote=Cyclops62;175918]
Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Where did I say that soccer moms and yuppie dads are the only ones that can afford Rubicons? I didn't! I said that soccer moms and yuppie dads will be drawn to the Rubicon model because it's the one that costs the most - you know, opting for the most expensive options as a status thing...QUOTE]

Hey!
Us Soccer Mom's and Yuppie Dads perferr the Sahara. It looks cooler in the Mall lot.

Of couse I'm only speaking for the ones who can't afford the H3.

Hey! Hey!

I have a Sahara! I am in no way a yuppie! I am far more a hick than anything else!
But i do have a soccer mom with the soccer van, and soccer kids.

I love parking my muddy as hell Jeep in the Mall parking lot. I find it hysterical.

Went out to dinner with the better half a while back, She was in a really nice black dress and heals, i actually put on pants instead of Jeans. yes i own a pair. one pair of dress pants.

ANYWHO, we went to a really nice local restaurant... In my Mud -brown used to be Silver Sahara; scratched up fenders and girly stock tires and all. The looks from the valet guys who i refused to let drive it, and the other couples enetering the restaurant where absolutely priceless.

Oh, a friend of mine & I usually end up taking turns pulling each other out of trouble. He has a Rubi, i dont. we both go up, over, down, around and through the same stuff. Neither one seems superior to the other for what we do. They both are fun.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Sahara! I am in no way a yuppie! I am far more a hick than anything else!
But i do have a soccer mom with the soccer van, and soccer kids.
I was just having some fun.

I'm not a yuppie either as I actually work and my girls do Karate and gymnastic but no soccer yet. But I do have the van which I'm going to sell to pay for JK.

Hopefully I will be mudding up some of the malls around here soon.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Why are you so insecure that this even bothers you? If someone wants to make generalizations about Rubicon owners, so be it - If I say that the majority of Rubi owners don't wheel 'em, and you DO wheel yours, what's the issue? Clearly, the statement doesn't apply to you...

I don't know how speaking up against ignorant comments makes one insecure whether it applys to me or not. I guess Dumb people bother me. You continuely avoid the question and relevant topics at hand. The ISSUE is, YOU CANNOT PROVE ANYTHING YOU SAY...BOTTOM L I N E. If you're gonna say something, be able to back it up with facts not ignorance. example: I get on a Jeep forum and say "The majority of Sahara owners won't wheel them", how can I prove that?....I can't. Do I personally know every Sahara owner and their wheeling habits. No.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

This is a WEIRD thread....I like reading it ....

I always go for the most expensive ones....
Heck - I paid almost same (couple hundred dollars less) for my Liberty Renegade than what i paid for the JK Rubi.
I've wheeled both till i broke them both
Darn- maybe I have to get the REALLLYYYY most expensive of the Jeep lineup
Maybe that one will not break on me...

and just want to put a little fun in it.

Quick Reply: Why buy a Rubi?