Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Woo hoo! New Jeep!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Woo hoo! New Jeep!

Oh Yeah!!!!

After hanging out on this forum for months and collecting all sorts of info and trying to decide between 2-door, 4-door, the new Liberty, or something else, I finally joined the ranks of the JK owners and I'm loving it!

Got a Fire Red Unlimited X, 6 sp, 23S package, hard top, 17" aluminum wheels. No power package though, but so far I don't miss it. The thing feels like I'm driving a tank. It's huge.

The dealership was great. I inquired about a black X they had on their website, they got back to me within an hour to say that it was sold but wanted to know what options I wanted. I told him and he said he'd look around and find a few on other lots and I could come in and pick the one I wanted. So I go in and pick one, it happened to be in Philly (I'm in Baltimore). So they send someone out to get it for me. A few hours later I'm driving around in a new Jeep with the front panels off and a big smile on my face - even got a couple of waves from other Jeepers! They gave me a fair price on the trade and $600 over invoice on the JK. I even sprung for the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty just in case some of the problems I've been reading about pop up.

Man, this thing is sweet. Now I understand. First mod will be to drill the mirrors tonight when I get home.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the Jeep, you should come up to Rausch Creek the 13th with the rest of us JKers.

Oh by the way
Old 10-03-2007, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man.......
Old 10-03-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have to get a pic posted when the galleries are available. All I have is a crappy cell phone pic at the moment.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

congrats enjoy!!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lucas718
Oh Yeah!!!!

After hanging out on this forum for months and collecting all sorts of info and trying to decide between 2-door, 4-door, the new Liberty, or something else, I finally joined the ranks of the JK owners and I'm loving it!

Got a Fire Red Unlimited X, 6 sp, 23S package, hard top, 17" aluminum wheels. No power package though, but so far I don't miss it. The thing feels like I'm driving a tank. It's huge.

The dealership was great. I inquired about a black X they had on their website, they got back to me within an hour to say that it was sold but wanted to know what options I wanted. I told him and he said he'd look around and find a few on other lots and I could come in and pick the one I wanted. So I go in and pick one, it happened to be in Philly (I'm in Baltimore). So they send someone out to get it for me. A few hours later I'm driving around in a new Jeep with the front panels off and a big smile on my face - even got a couple of waves from other Jeepers! They gave me a fair price on the trade and $600 over invoice on the JK. I even sprung for the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty just in case some of the problems I've been reading about pop up.

Man, this thing is sweet. Now I understand. First mod will be to drill the mirrors tonight when I get home.
Congrats!!!! Just remember that in owning a Jeep fun is standard but pavement is optional!!! And don't forget to wave
Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats and I hope you enjoy it!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucas718
All I have is a crappy cell phone pic at the moment.
Post the "crappy cell phone pic", so we can say "Nice Jeep, but crappy cell phone pic!"

Welcome to obsession...
Old 10-03-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congratulations!!! Now let the modding begin!!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

As promised, the obligatory crappy cellphone pic...

Quick Reply: Woo hoo! New Jeep!