Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Kargo master install

Old 09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Quadratec Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies to my question guys A JK has been located.

Last edited by PAFirefighter; 09-08-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Default Loud as hel#$#()*!!!!!!!!

have those of you that have the kargo master installed noticed a lot of wind noise when driving at high speeds? if so, what can/have you done to reduce the roar?

i love the rack, as strong and durable as i was hoping, parts came clean with no dings from shipping, was a bit of a PITA to install by myself, but i managed...

i just dont know what to do about the wind noise?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paramaniac
have those of you that have the kargo master installed noticed a lot of wind noise when driving at high speeds? if so, what can/have you done to reduce the roar?

i love the rack, as strong and durable as i was hoping, parts came clean with no dings from shipping, was a bit of a PITA to install by myself, but i managed...

i just dont know what to do about the wind noise?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I did the "wrap cord around the front bar" and it did a great job at killing the humming noise coming from the front bar. Don't have the cage on the Jeep at the moment so this is the only picture I have around...

Old 09-21-2008, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

so is the wind noise problem present with just the cage or only when the rack is there as well?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKsJK
so is the wind noise problem present with just the cage or only when the rack is there as well?
just the cage and the cross bars... gonna try the rope trick, see how that works
Old 09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default thanks

i have been debating on what rack to get for about 3 months. I finaly have the money and needed to make up my mine and thought i was getting the wild boar rack. Then I found this thread. I had looked at this rack online but could only find pics of it on 2 doors. I think it has everything I am looking for. If anyone has a pick with the basket on it I would love to see it.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

I've noticed that a few of you guys have a bend left rear support tube on your racks. This appears to help avoid the license plate bracket when tilting the rack back. Does anyone have this on a four door version? My four door rack was on of the early ones, so I don't have it.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by farbuckle
I've noticed that a few of you guys have a bend left rear support tube on your racks. This appears to help avoid the license plate bracket when tilting the rack back. Does anyone have this on a four door version? My four door rack was on of the early ones, so I don't have it.
ive got the 4 door version and i have the "Bend" in the left rear bar... it clears the license plate when i tilt the cage to fold the soft top
Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I always like a good rack . . . on a jeep that is, but with my garage being as it is I dont think I could fit one. How easy is it to remove if one only wanted to use it some of the time?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tj-tigger
I always like a good rack . . . on a jeep that is, but with my garage being as it is I dont think I could fit one. How easy is it to remove if one only wanted to use it some of the time?
I have the same low garage issue and it's why I went with the KM. I replaced the hex bolts that hold the basket on top of the cage with plastic head thumb screws and I can now remove it in just minutes. The cage itself just barely fits under the garage door, so it's nice to be able to leave it on most of the time.

And really, installing and removing the cage itself is pretty simple, only issue I have is sometimes lining up the rear bolts but it just take a bit of patience.

Quick Reply: Kargo master install