Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Kargo master install

Old 09-03-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seir
The bracket in back actually snakes between the bumper and side of the Jeep and attaches to the frame, it never actually touches the bumper let along sit on top of it.
So it would be fine with a mid width, just probably look a little goofy then? Thanks for the info!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ranwitscissorz
So it would be fine with a mid width, just probably look a little goofy then? Thanks for the info!
you might actually be better off - since the brackets were designed around the stock bumper, not having a full size bumper might be better since a full-sized aftermarket might get in the way. it seems that the bracket is a good tight fit on the stock configuration. i doubt it looks goofy.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Question HoW much $$$

I have a 2 door Rubi and was wondering from all the folks who have this rack on a 2 door JK,.... WHERE DID YOU BUY IT AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU??

THANKS ! ! ! !
Old 09-03-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bluewaterrider
I have a 2 door Rubi and was wondering from all the folks who have this rack on a 2 door JK,.... WHERE DID YOU BUY IT AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU??

THANKS ! ! ! !
Bought mine from Quadratec in July; looks like prices might have creeped up a bit in the past few months. The cage was $319, the rack (50") was $299 and $50 for the bracket to hook them together.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

this is included on most of the sites offering the kargo master:

Premium Powdercoat Finish
THIS IS HUGE!!!!!! All Jeep racks and SUV roof racks are NOW either Yellow Zinc Chromate Plated or Zinc Epoxy Primed beneath a marine grade powder coat finish that is specially formulated to resist corrosion and abrasion. THIS IS THE MOST RUST RESISTANT FINISH IN THE INDUSTRY.

does anyone know if this is new and done in response to the rust problems people have had with the rack system? in your opinion, will this solve the rust problems?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
LF3
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKsJK

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!! All Jeep racks and SUV roof racks are NOW either Yellow Zinc Chromate Plated or Zinc Epoxy Primed beneath a marine grade powder coat finish that is specially formulated to resist corrosion and abrasion. THIS IS THE MOST RUST RESISTANT FINISH IN THE INDUSTRY.

does anyone know if this is new and done in response to the rust problems people have had with the rack system? in your opinion, will this solve the rust problems?

Resists corrosion, but not abraision. My kayak wore a spot on the crossbar which began to rust. As long as that powdercoat finish doesn't wear and you put a couple of layers of silicone on the seams, it work as advertised.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKsJK

I already have rust where parts were bashed in shipping. I haven't noticed any dripping rusty spots, only on the exposed surfaces where the paint is missing.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Mine had a few dings from shipping that began to rust. I was taking off my
14' jon boat by myself and scraped the shit out of the crossbar. I plan on spraying the whole setup with bed liner.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I still have one for sale...it costs a fortune to ship though, so the closer to NE Arkansas the better.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by huskyfargo
I still have one for sale...it costs a fortune to ship though, so the closer to NE Arkansas the better.
what are you asking for it and what all comes with it?

Quick Reply: Kargo master install