Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another dw thread. please help.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkkrawler

I took it over to my buddies garage and put it up on his rack. Everything checks out. No movement up or down in ball joints and no play in the bushings or cracks. I know I don't have enough caster. I'm working on getting arms. But we got my caster as close as possible with my cam bolts. I'm .23 out. Most I could get out of them. Didn't think about checking my pinion angle. Don't really see how that would be related in my issue but hell im to the point I'll try anything.
With the Jeep on the ground have someone jerk the steering wheel back and forth violently with the engine off and watch both track bar bushings.
I thought mine were tight and when my wife did that I saw some definite movement although very little it still shouldn't at all.

Since the bushings were worn and I needed a new one for more length for my 4" lift anyway I put on a JKS and Synergy frame brace it completely fixed my little occasional wobble

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 06-04-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
Didn't think about checking my pinion angle. Don't really see how that would be related in my issue but hell im to the point I'll try anything.
Pinion angle will tell you your caster.

Quick Reply: another dw thread. please help.