Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep

Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. They should not be able to twist any mod in to a situation that would void the warrenty. An exhaust leak would cause you to fail an emissions inspection in states that require them each year. To me that makes your problem more emissions than powertrain.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

In the last 13 years I have owned six Jeeps and am still the proud owner of a JK. Four of my Jeeps were modified to a more or lesser extend and these Jeeps were being used off-road regularly.
In my dealings with my dealership, I always understood that these modifications may impact on warranty work offered by my dealer. Therefore I made sure that at all times I treated all staff with respect and adopted a reasonable attitude. My dealership (in the UK) has helped me out at times when I thought issues wouldn't be covered.
I don't know you so I don't know what stance you would have taken with Tuttle Click and their staff. I guess that you must have stood on someone's toes for them to take the action they did.
As it happens, Tuttle Click helped me out with a warranty issue last year just before my Jeep was shipped to the UK and replaced a cracked hardtop. I cannot fault the service they offered me.
Your website reaches many people and this gives you a powerful position. With this power comes a need for using it responsibly. I question whether publishing your story is fair and in your best interest. Every story has two sides...
I hope you resolve your differences with Jeep and Tuttle Click.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well let us know if you get a lawyer or BBB involved, I'd like to have that contact for the future. I bought the Rubicon Unlimited in 09 with the lifetime warranty, but being pretty versed in the world of machinery repair I knew the advertisement would never be executed without a fight. For me I am not there yet, but I went through three motors and three auto trannys over the 13 years i had my Z71. (I drive alot...not crazy, but alot) I will, in time, need a new tranny to push my Rubicon around. On the day I bought my Jeep I took some pictures of the show room.... I got every picture I could with a wrangler and banner stating lifetime warrant in it. Next, a few mods from Mopar. CAI, 4.5" long arm, etc all installed by the shop that installs the dealers "mods". And yes they do sell them already mod'd here. Every fluid change is accompanied by receipts and odometer pictures. My binder grows every month with more documentation and it sad that you have had this experience and I know what it will take when it is my turn. Anyway, I hope it will be years before I need to go through this.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j33per
[/SIZE][/FONT] Your website reaches many people and this gives you a powerful position. With this power comes a need for using it responsibly. I question whether publishing your story is fair and in your best interest. Every story has two sides...
Yeah, poor Chrysler. Eddie is being mean to them on the Interwebz. If only they were in a position to defend themselves.

Did you not read his initial post? Can you not see how hard it was for him to write this? Eddie is a scrupulous dude. The dude owns three Jeeps and is, I'm sure, responsible--through the existence of this forum--for many of us buying Jeeps as well. How do they repay that kind of service? With a "black mark" and by hanging up on him. I'm sure Tuttle Creek is welcome to come on here and post its side of the story.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

In the last 13 years I have owned six Jeeps and am still the proud owner of a JK. Four of my Jeeps were modified to a more or lesser extend and these Jeeps were being used off-road regularly.
In my dealings with my dealership, I always understood that these modifications may impact on warranty work offered by my dealer. Therefore I made sure that at all times I treated all staff with respect and adopted a reasonable attitude. My dealership (in the UK) has helped me out at times when I thought issues wouldn't be covered.
I don't know you so I don't know what stance you would have taken with Tuttle Click and their staff. I guess that you must have stood on someone's toes for them to take the action they did.
As it happens, Tuttle Click helped me out with a warranty issue last year just before my Jeep was shipped to the UK and replaced a cracked hardtop. I cannot fault the service they offered me.
Your website reaches many people and this gives you a powerful position. With this power comes a need for using it responsibly. I question whether publishing your story is fair and in your best interest. Every story has two sides...
COME ON GUY You obviously don't read thoroughly do you??? Screw Tuttle Click
Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by teebes210
If it all fails I would call your local news station and use there consumer affairs devision. See how the service manager, Blade and Mayone do with a microphone shoved in their face. The dealership will definitely not be happy with the negative press spot on the 11 O'clock news. I say if your gonna go down try and take as many as you can with you.
Originally Posted by JPSquad
Hey Eddie, sorry to hear about all the grief you're getting. May be we should call a news channel and stage a protest across the street from the dealership to expose them about their unfair practices.
well, i hope it never has to come to that but, i'll keep the suggestion in mind. thanks.

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
The aggravation caused by less-than-reputable dealerships can be a real headache. But let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. The vast majority of us don't have issues that go nearly as far as Eddie's. Most of us have excellent service and few, if any, issues. That said, nothing that he (Ed) is going through should be experienced by a customer - especially one as brand-loyal as WOL. Ed's issues - as terrible as they are - aren't what the majority of us experience. Hopefully, this will be resolved in a positive manner without too much more inconvenience.
just to be clear, i've never had an experience quite like this before with any of the 6 jeeps that i've owned and 3 that i still own. all the BS started when i filed a formal complaint tuttle click jeep. you would think that customer evaluations would be kept confidential and used to improve customer service but apparently, they are not. rather, they are openly shared with dealerships and can be used against you. my whole point for posting any of this is to inform people like you what can happen.

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Maybe someone should inform them of this website, in fact all Jeep related sites, and let them realize that we are very valued customers. I am not saying we should get everything fixed for free, but come on! What ever happened to the customer is always right? Detroit needs to really rethink about their ways of doing business. If they would have stuck to core principles and not just about bottom line they wouldnt be in such a mess, with foriegn companies making better products for the most part. My jeep is my first Chrysler Product and I love it and will always be a jeep guy! Sorry just got a little heated. My Grandpa use to talk up the good ole days...well fellas those days are long gone.
nor would i expect to get everything fixed for free and for whatever it's worth, i wouldn't even expect to be treated like i'm always right. HOWEVER, if it is your own policy to PROVE that a modification that i made caused the failure of a part that i wanted to have fixed under warranty, well then, i would expect that you would have to prove it. to say that you won't warranty something just because it's a part of a warranty group that had been previously flagged by another dealership is in my opinion -WRONG!!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Mskh20
Eddie,

I'm very sorry to hear about how you have been treated. Bullshit, plain and simple. I have some thoughts about how you might move forward, both in terms of dealing with the original dealership and in dealing with the red flag from Chrysler. Once I have a chance to do some research (probably not until this weekend because I'm preparing for a trial) I will shoot you a pm.

- Mike
thanks mike, i'd be interested in hearing what you have to say.

Originally Posted by captjay
Eddie, have u considered BBB? my mother has been dealing wth problems on her motor home and went through BBB and another agency, the dealership is now being held legally liable and has to repay her every cent that she spent in the last 4 years and fix the problem for free under warranty. now granted she has put up a major fight for this over the last year to get this decision, but it did take alot of investigation and research, and BBB does seem to follow date guidlines meaning if they have to respond within a certain amount of time. anyways may be something to look into

on another note, mine is 07 wth a bought extended warranty worked into the monthy payment, can we sell that extended warranty back to the provider?? my extended warranty is not through chrysler but a third party. just curious since we do not have mod friendly dealers around my area
honestly, no, i hadn't thought about the BBB but i suppose that i should look into it. i'll be honest, i've been fighting this thing in one form or another for quite a while now and if chrysler is trying to wear me out, it's unfortunately starting to work. thing of it is, i already replaced my own ball joints and they're going to refund me for the manifold leak. aside from the fact that i still have an annoying red flag hovering over my jeep preventing me from having warranty work done in the future, there isn't anything i need to have them do right now.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree that above a good dealership, if you are lucky enough to find one, Chrysler is not your friend. There are plenty of threads from Jeep owners having nightmare dealings with both dealers and Chrysler.

The good service any dealer still provides, I think they do in spite of corporate Chrysler, not because of them. They probably do it because they care for their own reputation, and likely have to make sure they tell corporate as little as possible when they do warranty work. The corporate machine will fight to not honor the warrenty, hoping you get discouraged and give up.

This company had to file bankruptcy. While there were other financial circumstances that made it hard for them to compete, at a corporate level, their greed and lack of interest in being competitive should have spelled their doom all by itself.

Their indifference to customer service and poor quality control alone would have destroyed any company not "too big to fail, must be bailed out by the taxpayer" decades ago.

If it would not have hurt so many workers, Chrysler and GM did not deserve to be bailed out and survive. IMO anyway. Because of their coporate attitude. They stuck their head in the sand for 30 years and lived off the fact the they were one of "the big 3".

And, apparently....they have learned nothing. Better profits in the short term are all that matter, and all the top "leadership" cares about. If top managers can last a few years on the job they are paid millions, and leave rich. So why worry about the long term?

WayofLife’s story is all too believable, because Chryslers attitude of greed and instant profit (advertising warranties they have no intention of honoring) is reflected across most of American politics and big business today. At their pinnacle, greed and decadence collapsed most great empires after a few hundred years, didn't it? Why would our country be different?

Sorry for rant, probably off topic somewhat, but...this is a sign of the times.

/end rant.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:32 AM
JK-Forum Founder

clearly, you either neglected to read everything that I wrote or are purposefully choosing to be selective in what you remember.

Your website reaches many people and this gives you a powerful position.

and i hope you're right as there's nothing i would like more than to have as many people see this as possible. it is my sincere hope that others can benefit from my experience and learn that submitting a negative review of a dealership IS NOT something that is kept confidential and it can be used against you.

With this power comes a need for using it responsibly. I question whether publishing your story is fair and in your best interest. Every story has two sides...
ummm, thanks but i think the actual quote is "with great power comes great responsibility" - uncle ben. yes, every story has 2 sides, i have told you mine, they probably have theirs on tape and clearly, you are choosing to believe whatever it is you want to believe. have a good day.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
Yeah, poor Chrysler. Eddie is being mean to them on the Interwebz. If only they were in a position to defend themselves.

Did you not read his initial post? Can you not see how hard it was for him to write this? Eddie is a scrupulous dude. The dude owns three Jeeps and is, I'm sure, responsible--through the existence of this forum--for many of us buying Jeeps as well. How do they repay that kind of service? With a "black mark" and by hanging up on him. I'm sure Tuttle Creek is welcome to come on here and post its side of the story.
thanks JK-Tex, i appreciate the support but in all fairness, tuttle click cannot come on here to post their side of the story as our rules prohibit vendors, manufacturers or dealerships from participating on this this forum unless they are a sponsor. of course, i'm sure if you were to call them, they would be more than happy to oblige.

just trying to keep it honest

Quick Reply: ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep