Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep

Old 06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Eddie, sorry to hear about all the grief you're getting. May be we should call a news channel and stage a protest across the street from the dealership to expose them about their unfair practices.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM
bkw
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if they know you gave them a zero, will giving them a 10 get me VIP service or a half decent cup of coffee that doesnt taste like an ashtray?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I WAS considering another Chrysler product for the wife.

This thread is making me re-think my next major vehicle purchase!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

The aggravation caused by less-than-reputable dealerships can be a real headache. But let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. The vast majority of us don't have issues that go nearly as far as Eddie's. Most of us have excellent service and few, if any, issues. That said, nothing that he (Ed) is going through should be experienced by a customer - especially one as brand-loyal as WOL. Ed's issues - as terrible as they are - aren't what the majority of us experience. Hopefully, this will be resolved in a positive manner without too much more inconvenience.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Maybe someone should inform them of this website, in fact all Jeep related sites, and let them realize that we are very valued customers. I am not saying we should get everything fixed for free, but come on! What ever happened to the customer is always right? Detroit needs to really rethink about their ways of doing business. If they would have stuck to core principles and not just about bottom line they wouldnt be in such a mess, with foriegn companies making better products for the most part. My jeep is my first Chrysler Product and I love it and will always be a jeep guy! Sorry just got a little heated. My Grandpa use to talk up the good ole days...well fellas those days are long gone.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Well, for what it is worth, I have only had a few problems, but Huntington Beach Jeep in Huntington Beach, CA has been awesome to me, even replacing a cracked manifold, under the emmissions warranty, 1 week before the warranty expired, under warranty, with my 4 inch lift, CAI and superchips tuner still active.

Also, this sound like why God gave us law suits. A small claims suit will slam dunk them. Most likely no one will show. Just serve the papers properly.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:50 PM
JK Jedi

Eddie,

I'm very sorry to hear about how you have been treated. Bullshit, plain and simple. I have some thoughts about how you might move forward, both in terms of dealing with the original dealership and in dealing with the red flag from Chrysler. Once I have a chance to do some research (probably not until this weekend because I'm preparing for a trial) I will shoot you a pm.

- Mike
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

Eddie, have u considered BBB? my mother has been dealing wth problems on her motor home and went through BBB and another agency, the dealership is now being held legally liable and has to repay her every cent that she spent in the last 4 years and fix the problem for free under warranty. now granted she has put up a major fight for this over the last year to get this decision, but it did take alot of investigation and research, and BBB does seem to follow date guidlines meaning if they have to respond within a certain amount of time. anyways may be something to look into

on another note, mine is 07 wth a bought extended warranty worked into the monthy payment, can we sell that extended warranty back to the provider?? my extended warranty is not through chrysler but a third party. just curious since we do not have mod friendly dealers around my area
Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Eddie,

I don't know you personally but you've helped me out tremendously I'm sorry you've gone through so much greif on something so small I have been in customer
service pretty much all my life and this is insane to read. I would never think of treating our Guests like this ever... I have learned so much on this forum and it saves me $$$ and helps me become more knowlegable Sooner or later hopefully Chrysler loses more business because everyone starts doing most their own work

By the way I forwarded CEO boy this thread Hope everyone takes the time to as well.
They'll get the point sooner then later People or businesses really don't understand the power of Forums do they
Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by captjay
Eddie, have u considered BBB? my mother has been dealing wth problems on her motor home and went through BBB and another agency, the dealership is now being held legally liable and has to repay her every cent that she spent in the last 4 years and fix the problem for free under warranty. now granted she has put up a major fight for this over the last year to get this decision, but it did take alot of investigation and research, and BBB does seem to follow date guidlines meaning if they have to respond within a certain amount of time. anyways may be something to look into

on another note, mine is 07 wth a bought extended warranty worked into the monthy payment, can we sell that extended warranty back to the provider?? my extended warranty is not through chrysler but a third party. just curious since we do not have mod friendly dealers around my area
X2. One of the many consumer protection organizations in our fine state must be able to do something about this dealer and Chrysler. It's time to put the libs and their entitlement minds in this state to work for you.

This is exactly why I have always dreaded going to Jeep dealers for service or warranty. Of all the American manufacturer's they are the worst.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep