Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep

Old 06-07-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the pains you are having. I have been less than satisfied with my local dealer and was thinking about the survey. Hope it works out for you.

If this is something you really want to go after I would definitely check with your state's attorney general. When I lived in Maine last year I had my wife's transmission(Audi) go out 14 months after repair and 14k miles. Dealer and Audi of America said tough shit it's out of warranty. I check into the Maine state laws and found out they have two types of warranty "implied" and "stated". No matter what the dealer and corporation says the law says it has a "useful" life. Long story short, they paid for the 5k repair bill in full. Keep in mind this was the state of Maine and most states don't have consumer protection laws this good.

Last edited by MAK191; 06-07-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Time to call the Federal Trade Commission. Your covered by the Magnuson-Moss Act. They CANNOT void your entire warranty for a lift. Only failed items that are directly tied to your modifications. Exhaust manifold, I doubt.

Start here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busi...#Magnuson-Moss
Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

My shifter linkage broke this weekend at the beach. I stopped by the dealership today and they said it should be covered by warranty and to drop it off on Thursday. I wonder if they're going to change their minds due to the lift.

We will see.

Oh, and I sent an email to that email address. And to Michael Manley's representatives as well. You never know, you may yet get a response.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:47 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MAK191
Sorry to hear about the pains you are having. I have been less than satisfied with my local dealer and was thinking about the survey. Hope it works out for you.

If this is something you really want to go after I would definitely check with your state's attorney general. When I lived in Maine last year I had my wife's transmission(Audi) go out 14 months after repair and 14k miles. Dealer and Audi of America said tough shit it's out of warranty. I check into the Maine state laws and found out they have two types of warranty "implied" and "stated". No matter what the dealer and corporation says the law says it has a "useful" life. Long story short, they paid for the 5k repair bill in full. Keep in mind this was the state of Maine and most states don't have consumer protection laws this good.
yeah, i may have to resort to going to the state. thing is, i don't have anything i need to have fixed right now, i just was trying to have the mark removed that i feel was unjustly applied against my jeep.

Originally Posted by ScruffyRubicon
Time to call the Federal Trade Commission. Your covered by the Magnuson-Moss Act. They CANNOT void your entire warranty for a lift. Only failed items that are directly tied to your modifications. Exhaust manifold, I doubt.

Start here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busi...#Magnuson-Moss
problem is, chrysler is being very careful about how they are handling this. according to them, my warranty is not voided - just anything that falls under what they consider to be part of the powertrain. unfortunately, their definition of this is far reaching and can be applied to just about anything.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

We should make a Jeep - Aftermarket mods friendly dealership list.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Damn it.
And I was just starting to feel better about my so-called "lifetime powertrain warranty."
<sigh>
Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 PM
HV
JK Enthusiast

Default its just wrong of them

Eddie

This is just wrong of them to do this to you or any customers . You do so much for the jeep scene and help to show jeep in such a good light . About a month ago I had purchased a extended protection plan for my 08 rubicon and I asked the question my JK is lifted well it be covered and they said yes lmao . I had a issue couple years ago with mercury racing . I had some idiot who had no clue what he was doing arguing with me about my boat and motors , that my motors were not designed for off shore use then I asked them why on there catalog they showed my exact boat with my same engines jumping waves while fishing off shore (Fountain 38 TE quad 300XS) . After that he became angry and all hell broke lose and they denied my claim . They took care of it after jumping through hops . To make a long story short must of these idiot who work for these companies have no clue of what there product is or what it does or is meant for its just sad. Thank for the work you do with the forum and the jeep community and i am sorry that you had to deal with these idiots .

Last edited by HV; 06-07-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default Tv news

If it all fails I would call your local news station and use there consumer affairs devision. See how the service manager, Blade and Mayone do with a microphone shoved in their face. The dealership will definitely not be happy with the negative press spot on the 11 O'clock news. I say if your gonna go down try and take as many as you can with you.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear about your troubles WOL, especially for someone who does an amazing amount of work promoting the brand.

The Chrysler complaint teams seem to have the routine down. I called twice for my J30 recall. Waited 2 weeks for the first call back before I called again. Now it's been four weeks since the "I'll have a manger call you in 48 hours". I've given up hope on Chrysler.

But I do have my Jeep
Old 06-07-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure i can get a load(s) of chicken poo delivered to certain executives front yards.....

Quick Reply: ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep