Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep

Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread makes me feel good about telling chrysler eff off on extended warranty. would rather give a shop not affiliated with these POS my money than another penny to chysler any day. to bad japan didnt make jeeps.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Amazing story and updates. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I got an F250 back in '04 and was warned not to do any mods until the warranty expired. They must have the same policy.

With respect to Jeep's policy, what constitutes "modification" with respect to getting flagged? This thread has focused on lifting, however would putting an aftermarket bumper and winch, for example, be a risk for mod flagging? Couldn't they just claim that the added weight caused failures to the power train? What about skid plates that are attached to power train components? What about aux lights if you were to have an electrical problem?

Do we really know how broadly they go to avoid warranty repairs?
Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the great info wayoflife as much as it was disheartening for me to read since I to have had many Jeeps that were modded and warrantied. my only frustration is that I have a 2011 that has had multiple trips to the dealership (it only has 6K miles on it and no mods yet) and now I really don't look forward to the dealings I am about to grow through if my dealership decides not to stand behind their product themselves. I hate to say a four letter word but if jeep doesn't fix this situation then a "Taco" might be my new choice of offraod vehicle--that sucks to even think about.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

How do these guys get away with this crap when mopar sells lifts and offroad acc that more than likley come from aev, why would any other parts make a diffence. i call bbb,call someone,this cant really be happening could it...id drop my crap at there door and then they could have it back...sorry just venting
Old 11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's cool that you fought Chrysler and won! What troubles me is that once they probably realized how potentially influential you were with wrangler owners the tune started to change a bit and ultimately got resolved. I bet the average owner would have been laughed at and got no where. Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Me Toooo

I to also am black flagged and my little mule has the lemon law against it. I have leaky top and a bad 6 speed. the Stealership kept replacing the same parts and did not listen to me on what was happening. I have since replaced all the proper parts and fixed the header of the top, and not my little mule runs great and does not leak. Every time when I tried to talk with Chrysler i was hung up on and they were very rude at the same time. I have taken all matters into my own hands and fix everything on my own. Its so much easier.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:07 PM
JK Newbie

Just wanted to say after reading this whole crazy warranty story I made sure my extended warranty had a "lift kit" added to it. Even made my local dealership recognize it since I purchased it through them! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubi Driver
Amazing story and updates. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I got an F250 back in '04 and was warned not to do any mods until the warranty expired. They must have the same policy.

With respect to Jeep's policy, what constitutes "modification" with respect to getting flagged? This thread has focused on lifting, however would putting an aftermarket bumper and winch, for example, be a risk for mod flagging? Couldn't they just claim that the added weight caused failures to the power train? What about skid plates that are attached to power train components? What about aux lights if you were to have an electrical problem?

Do we really know how broadly they go to avoid warranty repairs?
You bring up a good point. I read a post were a bumper & winch were added a front Axle started leaking dealer said the extra weight caused it.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

just ordered a 2012 sahara, and asked dlr about how a lift may void my warranty. He said they do it all the time especially if it's just a suspension lift (as long as major components aren't replaced), it's easy money for them - customer get's free work done and they bill the manufacturer. Seems like it differs from dlr to dlr.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Chrysler-Fiat both make garbage automobiles, I would never buy anything made by these idiots unless is its a wrangler! And even wranglers have poor manufacturing, but untill someone else buys the jeep brand I got no choice. I'm not supprised to hear your story, something similar happen to me too...horrible company!

Quick Reply: ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep