Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cat removal options ,02 sensor 2 code removal

Old 04-08-2009, 04:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Redneck, I think your solution of the Borla long tubes was a good one. The bungs are there for all 4 O2 sensors. It also would be a fair pre-sales support question to ask them if this set up would throw any DTCs or the check engine light. It also looks as if there is enough space after the collector and before the second set of O2 sensors to weld in after market cats.

It won't be the cheapest solution, but probably the best. If you don't want to do that, then generating a stable O2 sensor reading using an O2 simulator is your best bet.

Last edited by JPop; 04-08-2009 at 04:13 AM. Reason: added info
Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nangulator
It all depends on the vehicle that you are working on, alot of the German car (05 and up) upstream sensors actually do look at the downstream sensors
i do not think the caravan engine is german ? or is it
Old 04-08-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

well i just got back from removing the last 3 cats and 2 ended up being bad . i did the non fouler trick . i have not erased the codes yet to see if they come back ( fingers crossed ) one cat was already completely hollow and the other was half empty . i would never remove these for a performance gain . the only reason for removal was because of the damage from the crash . i installed a long glaspack before the factory muffler so it still sounds stock . it sounded like a honda wit a fart pipe after the cats were removed LOL
Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mEthOdsOMahAn
i do not think the caravan engine is german ? or is it
You never know, chrysler and mercedes were laying in the same bed for a few years
Old 03-12-2019, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Magnum makes an O2 eliminator that covers all 4. I have an 09 the cat is burnt and the error codes are throwing my Jeep into limp mode.

Last edited by Wildhorse66; 03-12-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: cat removal options ,02 sensor 2 code removal