Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coilover valving

Old 09-02-2015, 05:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by SF Nick
Funny that you say that because I actually have the Synergy upper mounts installed but due to the Piggy back reservoir I had to mount them in the stock shock upper mount. I'm thinking about buying 10" or 12" coilovers with a remote res & mounting them up in the Synergy location. They only down side I see is that I won't be able to use my stock rear sway bar. Do you think that the slight increase in the angle by mounting them up and out will cause any issues?
I don't see an issue with mounting them with the synergy relocation but like Ringer I am not a fan of rears mounted on the factory brackets. I understand many don't want to cut the tub or run wider axles and thats their only choice except for the lever system.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by SF Nick
Thanks for replying Dirtman & sorry for the hijack op! I'm running a little under 4" of lift with very little preload on the adjustment collar. I'm not sure if the exact measurements of the shaft or between bumps but I do have 1" of shock shaft showing at full bump with 4" bumpstops. The Rear EVO spec King coilovers for the bolt on kit are actually 10". Hers a pic of the setup.

Attachment 623456
You may want to lower your rings down a bit as well to put you on your higher coil rate sooner in the travel to handle harder bumps. Swapping to a higher rate lower coil may help too.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You may want to lower your rings down a bit as well to put you on your higher coil rate sooner in the travel to handle harder bumps. Swapping to a higher rate lower coil may help too.
This is the correct course of action. The timing rings should be an inch from the spring slider. You get an inch of soft and squishy, then transition to the higher rate spring. Mine was very squatty when loaded at first. I added a little preload and brought the timing rings down and that seems to have resolved most of the issue.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was just a photo I pulled off the Internet. My timing rings sits about 1" above the slider. I might need to check into getting a higher spring rate & some King rear bump stops. It came with 200/250 & I switch to 250/250 due to the sagging. Thanks for the help guys

Last edited by SF Nick; 09-02-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update: Here is the spring rates I am starting with and the valving they have.

Fox 12 inch travel remote resi 150/300 front with 50/70 valving

Fox 14 inch travel remote resi 225/350 rear with 50/70 valving.

Fox 2.0 2.5 inch travel air bumps for the rear.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Delete

Last edited by Foedoe; 10-15-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Coilover valving