Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engo Winch Install Fail

Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E10000 with synthetic line
Old 01-14-2013, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BossHog
E10000 with synthetic line
I had trouble getting mine from engage to disengage. I had to manually pull on the cable to get the gears to line up in order to change the clutch position
Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Zpack
I had trouble getting mine from engage to disengage. I had to manually pull on the cable to get the gears to line up in order to change the clutch position
This^^

On any winch, if the planetary gears are not in sync, it is difficult do engage the clutch. Small movement in or out will free it up. Don't force it!

Joel at Engo spent a while on the phone with me going over everything when I initially couldn't get things going (on a Sunday no less)
People ask me why they should choose Engo at times and this is one of the best reasons out there. The customer service that they provide (both on the consumer level and to those of us that sell their product), how easy it is to work with Engo on the occasion that there is an issue (and believe me, this is VERY rare) and the fact that they just flat out make a quality product.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=JeepAddOns-Chris;3380987]This^^

On any winch, if the planetary gears are not in sync, it is difficult do engage the clutch. Small movement in or out will free it up. Don't force it!

x2. Came across the same thing with mine initially... switch stopped about half way when I went to engage in. Just pulled the rope out about an inch or two and the switch was able to be fully engaged in no problem.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome. I'll give that a shot. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Engo Winch Install Fail