Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Do you like it or despise it?
Greatest thing since sliced
53.06%
Plain ole sucks!
46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

How do you like your Trektop?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
by the way, if you have the strap that goes all the way across the front door frames, then you have the "new redesigned" top. mine has that strap.
Then yes I have the new redesigned top... mine is leaking pretty badly where the seam is but not as bad as yours is where the top of the doors meet the soft top. Lets hope for the best cause i love how the top looks... and im ok with the normal water like you said its a jeep but there is a little or a lot of water in the jeep when you allow it... not when you have a top on it to keep it protected... kinda defeats the purpose. Do us proud Bestop
Old 04-21-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well please keep up apprised. 4wd.com is only a vendor for Bestop. Bestop is the warranty holder for the product and therefore would be the one to stand behind the warranty.

Last edited by pastorsteve; 04-21-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Not Cool

If your top is leaking that badly then it is definitely defective. I called Bestop when they sent me the wrong straps and they were very helpful. I'm betting they'll send you a new top, especially if you show them your pictures. I emailed them pictures of the straps they sent me at their request, so I know that is an option. Like I said, I have the four door version of the Trektop and it has never leaked ONCE, so I kwow they're not all like that. Just tell them that it's under warrantee and it is unacceptable and they should take care of you.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

4wd said they handle it b/c I bought a lifetime warranty for the top from 4wd.com which is pretty wicked if you ask me, it was only like 49 bucks too! can't beat that.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm glad i don't have a four door, it sounds like the majority of all k problems are with the four door. I installed the trek top on my two door a couple of weeks ago and not a leak, i do have a bit of wind noise at the windshield corners but i just turn the radio up. I love the top, even planning to take it off for the rest of the week as the temps are supposed to get above zero.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Super Freak

It would be wonderful if anyone who has the Trek would post up a photo(s) of their top rolled up or back or however one opens up the Trek so we could see how it looks. I do like them.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Super Freak

check out the trektop arrived thread, lots of pics, 2dr and 4dr.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
... even planning to take it off for the rest of the week as the temps are supposed to get above zero.

Now that is the best line ever!!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
check out the trektop arrived thread, lots of pics, 2dr and 4dr.
Actually while the suggestion and photos are great (I've seen them before) none show what I asked for - the tops rolled up or folded back. But thanks.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

the top rolls back. you can roll it as far as you want or as not so far as you want actually. like you can roll back to just open up the front section, or roll it back to open up both front and back seat sections.

The back window doesn't have anything to keep it rolled up like the stock tops, which was a bummer to me, but you can take the back window out, which is actually pretty involved since you have to undo the sails/cargo area windows (on a 4 door anyway) to slide the back window out the side.

Although the top looks awesome and sounds like a really good idea. i think the factory soft top drops faster and is more versatile then the trektop. if you remove it completely, you are stuck with it rolled up (and creasing your rear most windows) and it doesn't fit anywhere smoothly, like it's too wide to lay flat in the cargo area, unless you fold one of your seats down.

I just want my money back on it, and so far neither 4wd or Bestop has responded to my email with pictures... getting pissed over here.

Last edited by ThinkMud; 04-21-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: mad typos

Quick Reply: How do you like your Trektop?