Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Do you like it or despise it?
Greatest thing since sliced
53.06%
Plain ole sucks!
46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

How do you like your Trektop?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New update! 4wd.com just said they are shipping out a new top. all under warranty, so lets hope the new doesn't leak... I really love the look of the Trektop and I guess I'll keep trying until they get it right. But the carpet will come out and drain plugs removed before I put the new top back on
Old 04-22-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

i plan to buy one when my factory top wears out... at that time i could sell my factory windows and get a good chunk of change to put towards it.

if it leaks... oh well... my jeep has had more water in it than most of our Georgia lakes.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

I just checked, my trektop has shipped. It shipped from california, so it should get to me tues or wed of next week.

corey d
Old 04-22-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it looks like 4wheelonline is sending me a new top and it is "supposed" to ship out today and hopefully since it is coming from ohio I should see it tomorrow or friday or so they say. I have never had to send so many emails and call so many times between 2 companies in my entire life it is rediculous. I hope this new top is better but I dont really have much faith it will be since I have heard recently that a lot of the tops have all had the same issues. On top of that last night i noticed the company that i bought it from charged me for the top again pending my return of the old top to them. So basically I am out $600 in my checking account for a couple weeks until they credit the money back to my account which is outrageous. I dont understand why bestop doesn't just allow people to go directly through them for warranty issues instead of having to go through the people that you order it from and get on the same page i mean damn.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

4wd.com didn't even ask me to ship the old top back... but I offered to, b/c maybe they will send it to bestop and then they could look at it and possibly figure out what went wrong.

i'm with you on the faith of the new top... like I said b4, I plan on taking the carpets out and pulling the drain plugs b4 the new top even goes back on. just in case.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
4wd.com didn't even ask me to ship the old top back... but I offered to, b/c maybe they will send it to bestop and then they could look at it and possibly figure out what went wrong.

i'm with you on the faith of the new top... like I said b4, I plan on taking the carpets out and pulling the drain plugs b4 the new top even goes back on. just in case.
I mean they are sending it with a call tag so they are paying for it to be shipped back its just all becoming one huge headache it shouldn't be this difficult especially when bestop just said trash it when I get the new top... but at least it looks like the rain for today diverted and we are going to have a start to this nice weekend one day earlier.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

yeah dude, Sat is supposed to be like 80 something! I better build my hard top hoist this week! since i already put it on
Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Ya I need to figure out some sort of support stand for the backyard as I have zero room in the garage to hoist up the top... so I am going to need to build a stand to raise it off the ground so splash mud doesnt get all over it and somehow cover it I am thinking 1 solid piece so there is no part of it exposed to the ground and then get some plastic cover to drape over the top and staple it down.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

hey if you aren't sending the old top back I'll buy it cheap
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the old model that first came out. It leaks like a siv around the soft doors but i think that is more the doors. I still love this top though it keeps me mostly dry when its raining and goes on and off easy so I am topless and doorless in no time. And it all stores in the back

Quick Reply: How do you like your Trektop?