Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hypertech/ AccuPro working or not

Old 02-13-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech/ AccuPro working or not

just looking for anyone who has purchased the Hypertech Programmer or had their AccuPro upgraded. Here is my situation.

Upgraded my Accupro Friday to the Power programmer through HyperTech..
Installed the program and reset tire size to exact settings I used when using the accupro. Set to Regular fuel tune and no colling changes.

Speedo was off just like I had done no changes, no increase in power

Tried 3 different tire sizes and no change at all.

Tried to revert back to stock then program to Premium fuel and adj tire size same as above no increase in Power and speedo was still off.

I called Hypertech and they are supposed to be working on it. i have not heard backfrom anyone. My question is has anyone got theirs to work on a Rubicon, auto? I'm wondering if this is a Rubi problem or what is going on.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 02-13-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rubicon standard here, stock tires, no change in cooling fan. No problems here except for "error code 7E- wormcode failure" which I eventually corrected.

Obvious changes in performance noted (for the better). Jury is still out on mileage increase or not.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:47 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Is it safe to assume you have an X? If so, I was under the impression that the ACCUPRO didn't work on it yet or at least, they were having some kind of issue. Please let us know know what you find out from Hypertech.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Is it safe to assume you have an X? If so, I was under the impression that the ACCUPRO didn't work on it yet or at least, they were having some kind of issue. Please let us know know what you find out from Hypertech.
I have a Auto Rubcion Unlimited, I will try them again today and will let you know what they have to say.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:36 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

I just sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by muddy00
just looking for anyone who has purchased the Hypertech Programmer or had their AccuPro upgraded. Here is my situation.

Upgraded my Accupro Friday to the Power programmer through HyperTech..
Installed the program and reset tire size to exact settings I used when using the accupro. Set to Regular fuel tune and no colling changes.

Speedo was off just like I had done no changes, no increase in power

Tried 3 different tire sizes and no change at all.

Tried to revert back to stock then program to Premium fuel and adj tire size same as above no increase in Power and speedo was still off.

I called Hypertech and they are supposed to be working on it. i have not heard backfrom anyone. My question is has anyone got theirs to work on a Rubicon, auto? I'm wondering if this is a Rubi problem or what is going on.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just got off the phone with tech Support, the engineers are working on it but no eta. Just seems weird that some people are having the same issue and others are working fine.

On a positive note I will say that tech support has been helpful and friendly everytime I have called them, which is great when alot of other companies cust service is poor at best.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

i have a rubicon

and have the accu pro, which was always working fine, i even used it to set tires and gears on a memeber's X, then i upgraded to the power pro and its working fine as well

no issues whatsoever
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Uhggggg!!! Tell me that the Hypertech will work with a 2007 X. I ordered this to take care of my tire/gear change and the extra HP/TQ was a bonus. If it's not going to work for any of it, it'll be a major pain in the A** I held off on the lift and tires till they had this worked out, well thought they had it worked out. LOL I'm sure they'll get it but it would be nice if it worked as advertised right out of the box.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seems like most are working, just luck of the draw. Post back when you get it and let us know,
Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mytjjeep
Uhggggg!!! Tell me that the Hypertech will work with a 2007 X. I ordered this to take care of my tire/gear change and the extra HP/TQ was a bonus. If it's not going to work for any of it, it'll be a major pain in the A** I held off on the lift and tires till they had this worked out, well thought they had it worked out. LOL I'm sure they'll get it but it would be nice if it worked as advertised right out of the box.
Mine never worked on my 2007 X. Tried and tried and tried, but Hypertech couldn't make it work for me! Finally returned it for a store credit!

Quick Reply: Hypertech/ AccuPro working or not