Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hypertech/ AccuPro working or not

Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

mine will be here friday. 5:13 gears will be done next tuesday. i will let you know how it's works out.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Bought Hypertech. Nothing but problems!!! Will not work on my Rubicon. I have called tech at Hypertech 7 times. I will be taking mine back tomorrow. The last message I got was that no programer was availible for my engine and would I like to be notified by e=mail?
Not what I wanted: wanted the message that an update was sent to my e-mail so I could download. That's what tech told me would be happenign within 2 working days. Never happened. The 4x4Parts magazine said it would work on 07-08 Wranglers with 3.8.
So....now will try Superchip.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'll find out if I'm lucky or not. It should be here shortly so I'll set it for the 35's and we'll see what happens. It's really going to chap me off if they can't get this thing to work, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and get the programming worked out. I think the newer CAN BUS is having a larger learning curve than anyone expected. Just sick of waiting for parts that are advertised, but not really available. I'll post up when it's programmed.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im just wondering if changing the gear setting is causing a negative effect on programing the speedo?

Changing gears in the JK has NO effect on the speedo, it uses wheel sensors to determine the speed of the Jeep, not a trans sensor.
So you should not have to change the gear setting in the programer, only the tire size.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Originally Posted by blazer4949
Bought Hypertech. Nothing but problems!!! Will not work on my Rubicon. I have called tech at Hypertech 7 times. I will be taking mine back tomorrow. The last message I got was that no programer was availible for my engine and would I like to be notified by e=mail?
Not what I wanted: wanted the message that an update was sent to my e-mail so I could download. That's what tech told me would be happenign within 2 working days. Never happened. The 4x4Parts magazine said it would work on 07-08 Wranglers with 3.8.
So....now will try Superchip.
Did you update your programmer? The JK tuning was added to an existing part number so vendors already had 52001s on the shelf. The thing is they cannot work on the JK until they are updated. Some vendors updated them before shipping others didn't.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got mine working after the 7E: Wormcode error (user error - duh!)...

Speedo is not corrected... not sure if cooling fan temp worked...

I believe premium performance and shift points worked... hard to tell though...

looking forward to whatever you find out...
Old 02-14-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default No problems here

I installed mine tonight. The first thing I did was update the unit on the internet. Then I took it to my Jeep and followed their directions exactly. There was not one error that occured. I took it for a quick spin and did notice the improved throttle response. I did not change the setting for the tire size yet, but I am presuming that will work. During the programming, I had the option to select the premium,regular, or stock performance, the cooling fan temperature, the tire size and the gear ratio.

It took quite a while for it to program...something like 20-25 minutes.

Sorry to those that are having problems. Just realize that these do work, but there must be some Jeep configurations/conflicts that are causing some headaches. I am sure Hypertech will figure it out.....don't take it out on them, they can't be held accountable for the multitude of configurations that Jeep issues, and certainly not all of the electronic modifications that we all do. Just make sure that all of your accessories are powered off....dome lights, cigarette lighter accessories, etc. Your door needs to be shut, your phone and iPod unlpugged, radio off, etc.

I will be driving the Jeep more this weekend, and after some additional evaluation, I will post more of a review.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got mine tonight and went through the update sequence on the web. I'll try and get it installed and tire size adjusted this weekend and post up on the results.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

Yes, I have tried over and over to "update the programmer" but it does not work. That's why I have called so many times. This morning I was on hold for over 30 while the tech contacted
the engineers, came back on and told me they should have more information by tomorrow.
This has been going on for more than a week. So.....if it does not work tomorrow I need to take it back for a refund before the month runs out. Good news is Super Chip is in Huntington Beach, just a few miles from where I live, so I can physical go there to pick one up.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE= Just realize that these do work, but there must be some Jeep configurations/conflicts that are causing some headaches. I am sure Hypertech will figure it out.....don't take it out on them, they can't be held accountable for the multitude of configurations that Jeep issues, and certainly not all of the electronic modifications that we all do.

.[/QUOTE]

If you release a product and say it works on all wrangler 3.8's then I guess we should just assume that they mean't about only 50% of Jeeps with the 3.8?

I'm sure they will figure it out, but Why as a consumer is it my responsabilty to test their products for them?

Glad yours worked, but just wonder how your post would of been with the opposite results.

Quick Reply: Hypertech/ AccuPro working or not