Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

info on adding a 1" M.O.R.E.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you tell its cut by looking at it??? pics of it done (put together) would be cool to. I will definately use my Dremel. Thanks so much for the picks. Now i am not so worried about the BL.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can't even see the inner shift boot when it is all put back together. If you have any doubts about the cutting, I live in Moyock, NC which is about 30 min from Va Bch (depending on where you are at in Va Bch), you could bring it over and I will give you a hand. It only takes about 3 minutes to gain access to the inner boot, make the cut and close it all up. The body lift was very easy to install as well.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bondsman
You can't even see the inner shift boot when it is all put back together. . . . It only takes about 3 minutes to gain access to the inner boot, make the cut and close it all up. The body lift was very easy to install as well.
WOW. . . .You sound like a surgeon.

I have been looking at this for my application as well. Is any of this fabrication necessary with an Automatic transmission?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RocksHurt

I have been looking at this for my application as well. Is any of this fabrication necessary with an Automatic transmission?
No, Just the 6 speed.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RocksHurt

A surgeon???? Miss court on me and I will show you the art of body snatching..

It does kinda sound like a snipit from the health channel...

Autos don't require any surgery like that.. The auto is controlled by cable..
Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bondsman
You can't even see the inner shift boot when it is all put back together. If you have any doubts about the cutting, I live in Moyock, NC which is about 30 min from Va Bch (depending on where you are at in Va Bch), you could bring it over and I will give you a hand. It only takes about 3 minutes to gain access to the inner boot, make the cut and close it all up. The body lift was very easy to install as well.
he's right you can't see anything once you put it back together, it was very easy (even with my sheetrock saw!!)
Old 04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

ok finally I understand what's being trimmed, not too different from the manual TJ's getting a BL. My 2" BDS came in today and I really don't want to hack up the inner boot (WATER, MUD, DIRT PROTECTION) so I'm going to continue researching a way to do this by bending the shifter possibly. It was a PIA on the 06 Rubi with a 2" BL, but we managed to not tear up the inner or outer boots without welding, just heat/bending the shifter itself. Hopefully it can be done on this kit as well. The shifter rod mounts very similar to the 2006 TJ Rubi 6spd so I'm thinking it'll be the same bend angles or similar.

Quick Reply: info on adding a 1" M.O.R.E.