Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift kit trigger being pulled soon

Old 05-10-2018, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
That looks really sharp and the functionality of it will blow your mind. Where you are now to 35's is an easy jump with some fender trimming. That's where I am and it does everything you'd need.
Those are 33” Mickey Thompson’s. I’ve not had I think full tilt stuff into wheel wells yet. No rubbing issues stop to stop on steering. Bump stops set at 2”. Wheeled up at Balanced Rock road. One section was huge dirt ruts and some deffo off camber. Sailed through the ruts and didn’t hear any tire rubbage or see signs of rubber in the wells.

You’re suggesting I need to chop the fenders though yeah?

Uh derp just realized you said 35”. Regardless should I need to chop?

Last edited by Seizer; 05-10-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:42 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Mines bout 10 degrees for comparison. I wouldnt fret about it unless it causes some issue stuffing the tire.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You've got the Rock Sport shocks whereas I've got the Rancho's so our compressed shock lengths will be a little different. If you've got it dialed in then there's no need for chopping the flares. Frankly, you've got to do a decent cut on them otherwise you can end up with a flappy noise on the highway.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Mines bout 10 degrees for comparison. I wouldnt fret about it unless it causes some issue stuffing the tire.
duh.....not gonna cause an issue stuffing tire cuz you're gonna be disconnected. Brain fart. Anyhow, that's not an issue on the pavement at all, and it's not gonna be an issue offroad when you're disconnected either.

Quick Reply: Lift kit trigger being pulled soon