Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

locked front options

Old 02-12-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
I am going through the same dilemma right now and money is an issue for me. I have decided to leave the front open for now and lock the rear with ARB and regear keeping the Dana 30 open and getting gussets and sleeves during the regear. I would love a pro-rock but that doubles the amount of my build. It has taken me a long time to save up for this and dont want to put off regear any longer. I plan on wheeling my dana 30 open, hoping it will last 4 years. Once the jeep is paid off, I will put my payments towards upgrading the front axle and getting 37s. Until then, its max 35s with open front.
Exactly my plans now. I have the gears, just wondering if locking the rear is right for me......
Old 02-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scbesse
Exactly my plans now. I have the gears, just wondering if locking the rear is right for me......
Of course it depends of how you wheel but a rear locker allows you to go places easier with less abuse to your rig. Where today you may have to beat your rig to get it through a spot, with a locker you may be able to just crawl it.

Quick Reply: locked front options