Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MetalCloak, shocks?

Old 06-03-2016, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, I ended up with the OME's.
I ran OME shocks on my XJ for over 12 years and was very pleased... and with the input here it solidified my decision.
Been running the MC 3.5 lift (essentially the Game Changer but with Synergy track bar and drag link, artec truss/drag link flip), paired with the OME shocks for 6 months now and am very satisfied.
Ride is slightly more firm than the stock Rubi suspension, however all the harshness is removed, therefore a much more smooth/comfortable/enjoyable ride in my opinion. That may seem confusing to some, firm but better... I liken it to this...
Go drive a 1992 Mustang 5.0, then drive a 1992 BMW 3 series. Mustang seems softer, but is harsh, BMW feels firm, but is silky smooth. This was my experience back in the day and at the time it boggled my mind. How could the BMW be more firm, yet more smooth/comfortable at the same time? Anyways, I am not saying my rig is as smooth as a BMW, just making a comparison of soft/harsh vs firm/smooth.
Very happy, and even the missus after her first drive made a comment to the effect.

Love it.
Thanks for all the honest input earlier in this thread.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pardon my resurrection of an old thread, but wanted to thank you for the 6 mos later confirmation. I'm also looking at the stock upgrade with Rubi shocks on my JKU now... pretty sure I'm gonna get some yellow shocks under there by summer.

For those others confused about how it's possible to have Rubicon shocks under a MC lift, in my case I got the shock extenders which basically added a longer thread up front and moved the bottom mounting point on the rear shocks. Pretty cheap way to get the lift on while waiting to budget another $400+ for shocks.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Eternus- why do the stem pieces for the fronts when you can do the functional mount mover and still use those shocks? It'll benefit you down the road instead of just right now. You'll be able to buy paired shocks without buying shorter rears than fronts.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Arb and they ride prettty good. Probably upgrading to kings soon. Curious to see how the arbs ride off road . First time taking it out this weekend to KOH 2017.

Quick Reply: MetalCloak, shocks?