Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rough Country 2.5 Coils

Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine measured 8.5in from the flat plate below the rear bumpstops to the frame. I'm not sure what the before measurements were, but it has a nice stance now and rides a ton better.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

RCX sent me some new coils for the rear yesterday; havent yet received them. Same "sagging" in the rear, but its weird they provide the advertised height... i'll measure before and after new springs once they come in.

Also, didn't notice the harsh ride even though mine are like this (top 3 coils compressed) currently. Rig rides way smoother with this lift and 35" BFG KM2s at 30psi than it did with stock suspension (1" spacers) and 32" BFG MTs at 32-24psi.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you think the ride is nice with the rears compresses then you'll probably think it's awesome after you get the new coils on.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it would be nice if they weren't progressive, but who knows.

I also wish I could type worth a shit and that I proof read everything prior to clicking on -submitting reply- I just read some of my posts. I think I need a three beer limit on typing and also need plenty of sleep.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by _J__C_
I think it would be nice if they weren't progressive, but who knows.

I also wish I could type worth a shit and that I proof read everything prior to clicking on -submitting reply- I just read some of my posts. I think I need a three beer limit on typing and also need plenty of sleep.
haha i look at some of my post on here and say the same thing some times, cheers
Old 03-12-2010, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by _J__C_
If you think the ride is nice with the rears compresses then you'll probably think it's awesome after you get the new coils on.
Hey, that would be awesome! I'll keep everyone updated once I get them and get a chance to install them.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's good to hear
Old 03-20-2010, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

ok, everyone is saying how Rough Country is better than Tera Flex, but i've always read about this problem with the RC coils being compressed from day one... it sounds like people who had this problem, once they contact RC, they send out replacements, and the problem is fixed.

...BUT i haven't heard ANYTHING bad about Tera Flex. they (people who went with TF over RC) never had to contact TF to fix any problems.

is that a true statement? i've been trying to decide between the RC 2.5" kit and the TF 3" kit. the TF is more, but sounds like its worth it. what's your opinion?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Goin' Postal
ok, everyone is saying how Rough Country is better than Tera Flex, but i've always read about this problem with the RC coils being compressed from day one... it sounds like people who had this problem, once they contact RC, they send out replacements, and the problem is fixed.

...BUT i haven't heard ANYTHING bad about Tera Flex. they (people who went with TF over RC) never had to contact TF to fix any problems.

is that a true statement? i've been trying to decide between the RC 2.5" kit and the TF 3" kit. the TF is more, but sounds like its worth it. what's your opinion?
I'd agree that it is a true statement, but between you lift choices the RC 2.5" and the TF 3" kit are way different in height. It looks like you are wanting to someday go with a 4" kit by your signature, why not just go with the TF 3" kit (it gives you 4"+) and you'll have plenty of room to run 35's.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CA-JK
I'd agree that it is a true statement, but between you lift choices the RC 2.5" and the TF 3" kit are way different in height. It looks like you are wanting to someday go with a 4" kit by your signature, why not just go with the TF 3" kit (it gives you 4"+) and you'll have plenty of room to run 35's.
yeah, i've been thinking about the 3" TF kit 'cause it gives more that the 3" advertised gain...

i was at a local shop the other day and he was trying to sell me the 3.25" RC kit (2.5" coils w/ .75" spacers) instead of the TF 3" kit... he didn't understand why i wanted to pay more for a kit with fewer problems (none?). was just looking thru old threads, trying to find someone NOT happy with the TF kit, but can't find anyone...

edit: i've also been meaning to change my signature...

Quick Reply: New Rough Country 2.5 Coils