Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Warn Elite Series Front Bumper

Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ND_JK
Many of the negative comments have been from guys who want a short bumper, and if I was building a crawler I'd agree. For a DD with occasional wheelin IMO this is great looking, solid and functional. Bumpers are in front of wheels on road vehicles for a good reason - they protect your front wheels. I hit a ground hog at 30mph a couple of weeks ago and was very glad the point of collision was my bumper and not my wheel hub assembly!

That's what I love about modding Jeeps - so much to learn and choose from to match your Jeep to your lifestyle!
Great post. With more daily driving, I'm looking for a new front winch bumper for the same reasoning, front protection and full width. Considering this Warn bumper and the Arb bumper with bull bar.

Can anyone tell me if the Warn is welded together or pressed, and how thick it is ? Cheers
Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this bumper too, I got it cause I wanted a full width to protect my fender flares and wheels from possible collisions, for the close to stock appearance, and the integrated winch mount and fog lights. The bumper is welded together and is 3/16" thick by the look and feel of it (it's pretty heavy ~70-80lbs) very solid construction and have been happy with it so far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2317920604.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	361769   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2384620031.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	361770  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03HDFB
I used my Factory Fogs that I had Mod'ed to HID's. It Comes with (2) Dif sets of mounts and (1) of them is for the factory fogs. The Bumper Lights are 7" HID X's from a good vendor on this site....You'll find thier post with no problems. I'm also running the 7" on the window......It's daytime during the darkest night! Complete kit from same vendor!
G
love your set up with the HID mod. Where or how did you go about this mod? I just ordered my bumper today going to look at installing that skid plate looks nice and gives it that personal touch. I have the JW LED headlights and would love to change the fogs to HID's
Old 03-28-2016, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default what size tires are on the silver blue jeep with the elite bumper and lift? thanks!

Originally Posted by mdwwrangler
I agree like the half bumpers much more, make the car look way meaner
what is the tire and lift size on this one in the pics? silver blue with elite bumper.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by westchester
Great post. With more daily driving, I'm looking for a new front winch bumper for the same reasoning, front protection and full width. Considering this Warn bumper and the Arb bumper with bull bar.
That's what I was looking for, I originally considered this Warn and ARB but they seemed to pale in comparison to the OEM Hard Rock and AEV MW3 bumpers. They're a bit more in price, but if you shop around you can find them as take offs since they're OEM bumpers.

The thing to take into consideration if you're concerned about a bumper providing protection. If it's an OEM bumper, it had to go through and pass crash testing. I don't think the same can be said about other aftermarket bumpers.

Both the HR and AEV bumpers you can add a bull bar to it as well.

I ended up getting the AEV bumper, found on Craigslist for $250. It's a full length welded steal bumper.

The Hard Rock bumper is nice too and adds an additional flexibility in that you can remove the ends and make it a stuby bumper.

Hard Rock Stubby Mode
Old 03-30-2016, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I paid about $550.00 for my Warn Elite (sans hoop) delivered. Been a great bumper so far.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

The elite is my favorite bumper made for the JK. Best part its one of the best built and affordable options as well.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03HDFB
Yeah the Bumper is built to take some serious abuse........The Powder Coat is thick and tough!! Here's the front skid
HyLine OffRoad JK-10SAD - HyLine OffRoad Air Dam Skid Plate in Lightly Textured Black Powder Coat for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
The Rework was quite simple....Cut off the UPR Flang, Notch the Sides about 1.5" and Drill/ Tap and Bolt to LWR Bumper, Clearance Drill and Bolt to LWR Front Frame cross member.
If you go this route....Drop me a note and I'll shoot ya some better pics! After all the trim work.....I painted it with some wrinkle finish Semi Flat paint......Perfect match for the bumper
G
can you shoot me some pics of the hyline mode you did for the warn elite bumper. I want to get one here in the next few weeks so the pictures would really help in the install I would bet thanks Jay ( jaydcljr@gmail.com) thanks again
Old 07-20-2017, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Grand Umpah

.......... The purpose of the large fairlead hole is, as others have mentioned, to accommodate winches where the drum is off-set, like my Warn 9.5 cti ...........

So I just stumbled on this tread and thought I would comment on the issue with the oversize hole for the winch… I had this bumper installed several years ago as a replacement for the stock front bumper following an insurance claim… (long story) I just started actually modding my Jeep a couple of months ago and recently added the winch.

The "Grand Umpah" is correct.

The winch in the picture is not installed correctly. The bumper comes with several different front plates to fill that hole. (At least mine did.) You pick the one that fits your winch and centers it correctly in the space. Installed correctly, there is no remaining hole at all.

Anyway, you may or may not like a full length bumper but the Warn Elite is pretty stout and the winch mounting looks much better than the Quadratec picture.

Last edited by RubiconDoug; 07-20-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Quick Reply: New Warn Elite Series Front Bumper