Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger or Tubo on 09 Auto?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shj_jeep
Guys, the prodigy turbo is really reliable

From stop till 100 miles/ hr maybe in 13 to 14 seconds

I can jump from speed to speed in fractions of seconds with small push on the pedal

The other day was on the high way, speed limit is 80 mph

one car was sticking to to my jeep butt wanted to pass me

I just pushed quarter of the pedal , all i can say is Wo0oW ! Jeep reached 110 mph hahahah

The car couldn't catch me at all

And it had the power to go on and on

My jeep have power on all rpm band

Prodigy kit highly recommended
This post is awesome. One car stuck to my jeep butt!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo diesel on a jeep rig for offroad. You want low end torque. Supercharged will get you that low end too.

If you want speed AND want to handle TURNS then it's horsepower, very low center of gravity with firm suspension, & low profile speed rated rubber. Ideally not a freaking JK. Come on, a lifted 4,000 ~ 5,000 pound wobbly brick going 100 mph trying to take turns at speed and stop? If your going to roll over and crash due to bad decisions, that's one thing, but there are other innocent people on the road too. Why do you want to drive like your driving a Hummer with chrome wheels?

Just yesterday a JK sped past me at 90mph then crossed 3 lanes cutting off multiple cars that had to slam their brakes. If you saw a big rig do that, and our rigs are considered big too, what would you call that driver? Before you say I drive too slow, know that I like fast cars too, I had a Shelby. But good cars are made to handle. JEEPS are not made to handle. They are made for dirt.

I use to take pictures of accidents. It sucks when other people pay the price for someone who caused it. rant over. Go supercharger.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run the RIPP Gen II and love it. It does not help for the rock crawling I do, but I got it for on the road performance and it does deliver. Drove to EJS and back and the engine seems to have a sweet spot at about 75 mph and got 19 mpg. On another note, whether you get low end boost, mid level boost or high level boost has a lot to do with the size of the supercharger or turbo. A small turbo will spin up fast and give low end power but looses it at the top end while a larger turbo will take longer to spin up but will handle the boost at the high end. Super charger is similar as speed of turbine is based on rpm of motor. I run the high altitude version of the RIPP which has a smaller pulley and hence will spin faster at lower rpms giving more low end boost. The roots or positive displacement type superchargers give a more constant level of boost that does not depend as much on rpm because they are, well, positive displacement...

I did not go with a turbo because of my experience on another vehicle with exhaust rerouting and oil supply issues...just a PITA as far as I am concerned. Went with RIPP based on reputation and how long Vortec has been in the supercharger business, simple installation and price. Love mine so far...
Old 04-17-2013, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea about crawling

But from my pint of view for desert and city driving

The turbo is your best solution

Couldn't be happier with my choice

Except if i ordered the 12 psi kit , wondering how it gonna be )))

Quick Reply: Supercharger or Tubo on 09 Auto?