Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit

Old 11-23-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit

Is the Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit a fix for steering "clunk" with 37" tires? I tried lube under the intermediate shaft boot with no luck. Seems like this kit could be the fix. Can anyone say that their steering "clunk" was eliminated by this or a similar kit?

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY :: Suspension :: Suspension & Lift Kits :: Jeep Suspension Systems :: 2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems :: Synergy Manufacturing :: Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit - 4X4 Off-
Old 11-23-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rob'sSaharaJK
Is the Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit a fix for steering "clunk" with 37" tires? I tried lube under the intermediate shaft boot with no luck. Seems like this kit could be the fix. Can anyone say that their steering "clunk" was eliminated by this or a similar kit?

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Suspension*::*Suspension & Lift Kits*::*Jeep Suspension Systems*::*2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems*::*Synergy Manufacturing*::*Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit - 4X4 Off-
It is not for fixing that clunk and won't have any effect on it. It is basically for reinforcement of the sector shaft that the pitman arm attaches to. Some say it will tighten up steering and lessen shimmy as well. Your results may vary
Old 11-23-2013, 04:08 PM
JK Junkie

No ... Are you sure it's the intermediate shaft and not worn mount holes causing the clunk ?
The frame brace will fix and strengthen the upper mount. Def recommend the SS support running 37's.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
No ... Are you sure it's the intermediate shaft and not worn mount holes causing the clunk ?
The frame brace will fix and strengthen the upper mount. Def recommend the SS support running 37's.
The Synergy Track Bar was a big difference in my 35" handling, but the clunking noise just needs some #5 Red Tacky grease in the rubber boot of the Intermediate shaft.

Last edited by JK08MCS; 01-05-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Im not sure where the clunk is coming from 100%. I just did gusset's, Synergy Ball Joints, and lubed the intermediate shaft...still clunking at low speeds with small steering corrections left or right. On the highway or county roads above 25 MPH or so no clunk... It is also more frequent when backing up or turning the wheel when parked. Does this sound like the track bar mount? Its had to tell being that its right next to the steering box.

So I'm thinking that this kit along with the Synergy adjustable track bar will be helpful.

Anyone have any other thoughts as to what this could be, or a different fix?
Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

The track bar brace fixed it, steering has tightned up as well from the sector shaft brace. Great product.....the only issue i have run into is the sway bar slightly contacts the brace....I re-centred the Axle, but it still slightly rubs! Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Old 01-05-2014, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

The track bar brace fixed it, steering has tightned up as well from the sector shaft brace. Great product.....the only issue i have run into is the sway bar slightly contacts the brace....I re-centred the Axle, but it still slightly rubs! Any thoughts on how to fix this?
I took a grinder and ground it back to the button allen bolt. I was going to go for the sway bar next, but didn't need to
Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 AM
JK Junkie

Do you think it was the brace or a worn frame side mount hole ?
Old 01-05-2014, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Do you think it was the brace or a worn frame side mount hole ?
I like the way it slipped over and beefed up the factory frame mount.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SynergyBrace.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	521603

PS: Picture is off the net
Old 01-05-2014, 02:38 PM
JK Junkie

I really need to do that

Quick Reply: Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit