Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit

Old 01-05-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob'sSaharaJK
The track bar brace fixed it, steering has tightned up as well from the sector shaft brace. Great product.....the only issue i have run into is the sway bar slightly contacts the brace....I re-centred the Axle, but it still slightly rubs! Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Pull the sway bar out of the way for a couple pictures of what grinding I did

Click image for larger version

Name:	SynBrac.jpg
Views:	1119
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	521646 Click image for larger version

Name:	SynBrac2.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	521647

I should really touch it up with some paint
Old 01-05-2014, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could also loosen the sway bar mounts on the frame and move the entire sway bar over slightly
Old 01-06-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was install difficult at all ?
Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
You could also loosen the sway bar mounts on the frame and move the entire sway bar over slightly
That's what I did. Cake.

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
It's a very simple install.... especially when the whole axle is out of the jeep already....
Old 01-07-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

I installed mine last weekend. Took a bit longer than I had expected (3-4 hours), but that was more due to me being super slow and deliberate. I had mine off of the ground until I had to break the pitman arm nut free, then I had to put it back down to have some leverage.

If you have an impact wrench, it will be a big help - especially when putting the new bolts in to the track bar. Here are the comments I wrote up for my group of wheeling buddies -

----------------------------

Synergy sector shaft brace, track bar brace, and front track bar installed. A couple of little hiccups to note.

1) The brace for the track bar was a bit smaller than the frame side mount, so it wouldn't slide over it. I used a C clamp to compress the factory mount just enough to let me start the new brace. Foreshadowing....

2) The bolt that holds the sector shaft brace onto the stock track bar mount is shown in the instructions going in from where the pitman arm nut is. There is no physical way in hell for that to happen. I know. It worked just fine bolting it from the other side. I emailed Synergy customer support this morning, and they said it was ok to have it mounted that way too.

3) The pitman arm nut is bigger than 1-1/4". I used a pipe wrench to get it free. The replacement nut that comes with the sector shaft brace IS 1-1/4", so I could torque it down.

4) The instructions call for anti-seize on the threads for the pitman arm nut. I couldn't find mine, so I used some grease. Hopefully I didn't screw myself here.

5) The track bar bushing was too big to fit into the frame side mount (see point #1 above). I used one of the stock track bar bolts, and two nuts threaded on the inside (hard for me to describe) to spread the gap in that mount. It worked enough to allow me to get the greased bushing to start sliding in the mount. After that, I did use the stock trackbar bolt first to align the bushing in the mount, before swapping it out for the 9/16" grade 8 bolt.

6) The Synergy track bar is supposed to be adjustable while bolted up, however I could not get the adjusting collar to rotate while it was installed. I just unbolted it, spun the end axle-end a few times to get the right amount of adjustment, then bolted it up again. Don't forget when you're done to put the locking bolt on the collar to keep it from un-adjusting itself!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:39 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks for all that ^
Old 01-26-2014, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone describe the clunk to me. I have a clunk when turning the wheels lock to lock. Same thing??
Old 01-26-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Do you think it was the brace or a worn frame side mount hole ?

Yes it was the frame side mount. I swapped out the factory track bar for the synergy as well....solid set up!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ffhockey98
Can someone describe the clunk to me. I have a clunk when turning the wheels lock to lock. Same thing??
Yes, thats the clunk.....frame side track bar mount. You can get away with re torque it for a while but it has probably rounded out the mounting hole. This kit fixed mine!

Quick Reply: Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit