Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TeraFlex Falcon Shocks and Nexus Steering Stabilizer

Old 02-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Awesome. Thank you sir.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've yet to fully figure where these new TF shock offerings fit in the marketplace. They appear to me to be a re-badged (monotube 2.1) and slightly re-engineered (piggyback) Fox shock. But, if TF were sourcing these from Fox, presumably they'd be a value-priced entry by comparison. Instead, I've seen them run about the same to slightly higher than the Fox Performance 2.0 and 2.5 Factory Reservoir shocks, from which they appear to me to be derived.

They look alright. (I'd prefer a darker color scheme, but that's totally subjective and irrelevant to performance.) And, the specs certainly appear to make them a strong contender. I look forward to seeing how this product launch goes for Teraflex. I've had good luck with TF products in the past, but I'm still on the fence about what is either an overpriced re-badge or an as-yet unproven first in-house effort. Time will tell.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Teraflex,

You guys still have these shocks on backorder?

I have been waiting for my little piggies and am afraid they haven't returned from market.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneWolf
I've yet to fully figure where these new TF shock offerings fit in the marketplace. They appear to me to be a re-badged (monotube 2.1) and slightly re-engineered (piggyback) Fox shock. But, if TF were sourcing these from Fox, presumably they'd be a value-priced entry by comparison. Instead, I've seen them run about the same to slightly higher than the Fox Performance 2.0 and 2.5 Factory Reservoir shocks, from which they appear to me to be derived.

They look alright. (I'd prefer a darker color scheme, but that's totally subjective and irrelevant to performance.) And, the specs certainly appear to make them a strong contender. I look forward to seeing how this product launch goes for Teraflex. I've had good luck with TF products in the past, but I'm still on the fence about what is either an overpriced re-badge or an as-yet unproven first in-house effort. Time will tell.
I can tell you without a doubt that the Falcons aren't a re-badged Fox shock... these are designed and build from the ground up @ TeraFlex and they're very excited about them.

I'm less concerned about their looks and prefer to focus on the performance! And speaking of the performance, I'm very impressed. I think TeraFlex hit the ball out of the park with these, I love how well my JKU drives on road and in the dirt.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm getting my set installed on Friday and can't wait!
Old 02-22-2017, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dblack
I'm getting my set installed on Friday and can't wait!
Lucky guy! Which ones did you end up with? I'd love to hear your thoughts after you get some miles on them.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:54 PM
JK Newbie

Just picked up the 2.1 Sport! I was going to go with the 3.3 but after watching your review I think the 2.1 will do fine for now.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2017, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TankedRubi15
Just picked up the 2.1 Sport! I was going to go with the 3.3 but after watching your review I think the 2.1 will do fine for now.

Thanks
Excellent, I'm sure you'll love them. I would like to hear from you after you get them on and put some miles on your JK!
Old 03-03-2017, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LoneWolf

So I'm up in Utah this week and stopped by TeraFlex HQ to visit... I was given a tour of the facilities and saw the hand-assembled production line where the Falcon's are being made.... I can assure you that these are built from the ground up in West Jordan, Utah by TeraFlex employees. From the CNC machines that are whittling parts from chunks of aluminum to the guys building each and every shock, these are NOT a re-badged Fox shock or anything else.

For those that are worried about back orders, I heard that they're tripling their assembly & production lines to catch up with demand and the CNC machines will be running night-shifts, too. The demand for the Falcon shocks exceeded expectations, but soon they should be caught up with their orders.

I also got to put my hands on the Falcon 3.3 Piggyback shock that Dennis beat the hell out of in his Anger Management video... it survived amazingly well! Still looks usable, from what I saw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaYal4CxM&t=7s
Old 03-03-2017, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I've got the same rear brackets and I don't think the post will fit in the. It's tight enough getting the sway bar link into place. I'll have to look at the mount.

Greg- how far out does that post sit? I can go measure.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you with this, had the JK at the dealer for a recall and haven't wanted to pull the shock off it's mount!

Looks like the new stud for the rear-lowers sticks out 2 3/8".... hopefully that helps?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Falcon Shocks and Nexus Steering Stabilizer