Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tracking a Rough Country 2.5 Coil Lift

Old 03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RC Springs Installed

Last night I finally got a round to installing the new front and rear linear springs that I received after a phone call to Ben Richardson at Rough Country. Ben confirmed that both the front and rear were linear.

As for the measurements, I took them from the ground to the bottom of the stock fender flares and another measurement, inside the (##), from the bottom of the dust cap on the wheel to the bottom of the fender flares.

March 14, 2009 with 1/2 tank of gas.

Before the new springs:

Drivers side

Ft - 38 1/2 (24 1/4)
Rr - 29 1/16 (23 1/2)

Pass Side

Ft - 38 1/4 (24)
Rr - 28 3/4 (23 1/4)

After the new springs:

Drivers side
Ft - 39 (24 3/4)
Rr - 29 7/8 (24 1/2)

Pass Side
Ft - 38 3/4 (24 1/2)
Rr - 29 1/2 (24 1/4)

I have an aftermarket bumper that is responsible for 1/2" of sag on the front springs. I have only driven it about 6 miles to make sure that everything was tight. I will post my thoughts on the ride later this week.

Last edited by BikinCO; 03-15-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went on the first moderate ride with lift installed this past weekend. front springs made terrible racket. the other JK er's looked at everything and told me my " coils were collapsing " and the racket was from "coils rubbing together" when bouncing. it sounds like whats happening , but is this possible ? I have the Rough Country springs and shocks . about a year old , but just dont do much 4-wheelin . I purchased directly from rough country , by the way. I also read on one of the post's about rough country replacing coils . is this true ? Thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IDiggs9
I went on the first moderate ride with lift installed this past weekend. front springs made terrible racket. the other JK er's looked at everything and told me my " coils were collapsing " and the racket was from "coils rubbing together" when bouncing. it sounds like whats happening , but is this possible ? I have the Rough Country springs and shocks . about a year old , but just dont do much 4-wheelin . I purchased directly from rough country , by the way. I also read on one of the post's about rough country replacing coils . is this true ? Thanks
They replaced mine, I would call RC.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just talked to Dustin at Rough Country , explained the issue with the coils. He Told me he would ship new coils out tomorrow. Sounds like GREAT Customer Service to me .
Thanks Dustin !
Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 AM
b1g
JK Newbie

Any updates OP? I know this is an old post, but I just ordered this kit and I 'm wondering if I should cancel and get the OME instead

Quick Reply: Tracking a Rough Country 2.5 Coil Lift