Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheels Spacers?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roos85

I so agree. Thanks or researching that for me. I do agree and the money was never the question, but I didn't want to waste my money and the forums are supposed to be for things like this. I appreciate the people who input on my topic"
Ummmm I think it was me telling you to search for that particular thread...

My posts were concise, and had a very serious point to make.

Cheap wheel spacers kill people.

I did NOT "run my mouth" until you responded to two of my posts with a bad attitude.

The conclusion you just came to is the one that I tried to make you see in both of my first two posts in this thread. There was no reason for you to respond to either of them the way you did. I never called you cheap. I just said cheap spacers are dangerous.

Last edited by armycop; 04-13-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please do not use this forum for personal attacks...

I will shut this thread down and give some people a time out from the forum if we keep up these personal attacks. Everyone has an opinion on this subject and if you are just here for name calling please move on to another thread.

All parties consider yourselves warned.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2 cents: I ran Spidertrax spacers for about 3 1/2 years on 2 different JKs I owned. I carry my children in my JK which to me means I have to trust in them with my family's life. I had no issues with Spidertrax, just make sure they are installed properly (removing the little metal washers on the hub) and use the Loc-Tite and a good quality torque wrench. Check your torque regularly on the spacers and the rims and you should have no problems.

I can not tell you about the quality of RC spacers or TF because I never owned them.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the spidertrax 1.5" spacers. Super high quality.

One thing that seems to be overlooked here is the "made in the USA" issue. Spidertrax are made in the USA, RC is not (not sure about Teraflex, but I am guessing made in USA). If the product is first class quality and the price is close, you just gotta buy made domestically. It keeps Americans employed, our economy humming, and we get to keep our jobs just a little longer.

Good conversation, but in the end it looks like buying spidertrax is the way to go!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had the spidertrax 1.5" spacers on my JK for the last 8 months or so, have wheeled pretty hard, and have had no problems at all. I just went with what was proven to work, and they are fine. I got them used on this forum for about half price of new ones.

And I love using Ebay, but cheap spacers are very dangerous and it isn't something to take a risk with by buying some unknown brand on Ebay.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed my SpiderTrax over a year ago, and have had absolutely no issues with them. When I was looking around as to which ones to buy, I chose the SpiderTrax because I could not find a negative post about them. I have also seen great prices from members selling theirs through the forum.

As it has been said, it is one of the most important mods on a Jeep in terms of impact if a part fails.

Quick Reply: Wheels Spacers?