Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Beasley Trail Run - October

Old 09-20-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Sunday the 28th (last weekend of the month) is good for most. I know its not good for all but one thing ive learned when planning, you cant please them all. Should make for a good fall ride.

Question, do we wish to keep this just JK jeeps or all Jeeps or really just anyone with a 4x4?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure I'm inclined one way or another, but I do know it would be nice to just have a JK run sometime. That sometime doesn't necessarily need to be now.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

it would make for some very cool pictures, all Jks, 2 and 4 dr, stock and modded
Old 09-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Former Vendor

Yes it would! Shall we make it just JKs then?

Having it just JKs might make it a little more friendly to those with stock JKs that aren't sure about getting together with a "club". The heavily modified vehicles can be intimidating to a newcomer.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default I'm in for a ride

I'm still rocking the completly stock set up, but I'll watch the big boys wheel
Old 09-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor

I think you'll be surprised what you can still do, but yeah definitely come even if you don't think you'll tackle anything big. I don't want to be any precarious situations either. Don't be intimidated, but if you really are uncomfortable then please feel free to grab my camera and take pictures of my Jeep!
Old 09-22-2007, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fudger
I'm still rocking the completly stock set up, but I'll watch the big boys wheel
trust me you can still get through a lot. As long as you have tow hooks we have straps and few of us have winches just incase. And you can take most trails to get around the big stuff. If you really dont want to wheel, im sure someone will have an open seat. Just remember most everyone uses their Jeep as a DD so we are not out to break it
Old 09-23-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default hell yeah

Thanks guys, I'm up for give'n it hell. I just don't have the money to upgrade yet and I'm still loving the 20mpg. Lets see what this jeep thing can do, I am a neewbie. I think I read a post about installing the tow hooks, so I'll be getting on that. If anybody is interested I'll be hosting the first annual "Support My Jeep Habit Bake Sale" on Marietta Square next week.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

first off... gimme a set date to plan on... (ie: month, day, year, time)

secondly... any weekend is fine for me and hell, i still have a few more personal days too.

thirdly... i have straps and a winch should anyone need it. I have modified my vehicle further since the last get together at hooters. (see below)

main reason is that last time i was at beasley (sp?) the trails were kinda slick and i could not get up one hillclimb... instead, i was forced to back down the trail a good ways (which was scarier than going up it).

BEASLEY pics and please, no comment on the socks (its all that was clean)...
by the way in the next 3 pics i was running 33" and NO lift --> you will all be fine)

NEW MODS i am dying to try out (winch... for me or whoever, TF 2.5" BB, bedliner instead of vacuuming mud out of carpet!!)...

Last edited by 07JKX; 09-23-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Fudger
Thanks guys, I'm up for give'n it hell. I just don't have the money to upgrade yet and I'm still loving the 20mpg. Lets see what this jeep thing can do, I am a neewbie. I think I read a post about installing the tow hooks, so I'll be getting on that. If anybody is interested I'll be hosting the first annual "Support My Jeep Habit Bake Sale" on Marietta Square next week.
lol... i will be there! ou gonna bring girly? i may bring mine.. if she will go... BIG IF

Quick Reply: Beasley Trail Run - October