Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Rugged Ridge Modular Snorkel System... Release date (June 2012)

Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge

Sad to say no.... We will see our new lower air box sample the week of the 14th... This will need to be tested and then go into production... We changed the air box and clamping system to allow it to work for all years (07-13)...

Sorry, but better to correct it the first time than make patchwork changes.
Will we be able to purchase the upgrade air box
Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default CRD Diesel with RR snorkel

To install it on CRD engine it required small mods of upper air box (different angle of lower edge) but it works.

I did not take photos during installation so there's not much to see but here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121205-00110.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	395695 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121205-00111.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	395696

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121205-00112.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	395697 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121205-00113.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	395698
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default I purchased a kit for my jeep - Made in China

Hello,
I received my order and noticed that the box is labeled "made in China". Can the representative for the company on this blog please clarify this? What components are made in China? Is anything made here? Why has an intensively researched product with American drivers from an "American" Company outsourcing to China? I am a little nervous installing this on my jeep.
-Robert
Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RRobb
Hello,
I received my order and noticed that the box is labeled "made in China". Can the representative for the company on this blog please clarify this? What components are made in China? Is anything made here? Why has an intensively researched product with American drivers from an "American" Company outsourcing to China? I am a little nervous installing this on my jeep.
-Robert
I follow the Rugged Ridge modular snorkel thread from day one, and wait for the '12 snorkel.
It somehow stuck in my mind, too, as an American product, although there was no reason to assume it won't be made in the Far East like many other products.

Still, reading that I'm waiting for a Chinese snorkel is disappointing.

I'm in Israel, but I know very well how you Americans feel about this:
I'm involved in a start-up project here, which nears the manufacturing stage.
Ordering the parts from the Far East would reduce costs, but I try to convince the others to make it all in Israel anyway, even if it means a somewhat lower profit.

Last edited by GJeep; 12-11-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRobb
Hello,
-Robert
Robert,

No need to be nervous.. This is a quality product. Yes it is made in China and we never stated otherwise. You are correct in regards to it being designed and engineered here but I would argue the point that we are adding jobs rather than losing them because of innovative products that sell well and help to grow our business. This in turn adds jobs. There are two ways of looking at this..

I will not be able to argue these points because just like religion and politics most peoples mind are usually set.

I am sorry If this detours you from installing, but we stand behind the quality of the product.

Patrick Bennett
Product Design Manager
Rugged Ridge
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm awaiting the improved kit to make a purchase, is there an estimated time of release? Will the upgraded version be more the current?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Junkie

As I asked before the question , will the new airbox design be available to upgrade current owners of the kit???
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Rugged ridge, any updates?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

Just ordered this kit yesterday since it's Christmas Eve I'll probably be waiting a while for it but I'm super excited.

May be Manufactured in China but at least it's an American company. More work should be done on reducing Union power that make is so much more expensive to produce in the US and adjusting government regulations that make it cheaper to produce over seas.

Busness men trying to make money and build a business are not at fault. Kudos on a fine line of products RR.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BubbaJK2012
As I asked before the question , will the new airbox design be available to upgrade current owners of the kit???
Will need to get with marketing regarding that question... Please PM me so that I can better understand the issue you are having.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Modular Snorkel System... Release date (June 2012)