Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 back in the shop

Old 05-07-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 back in the shop

Took my JKU a couple weeks ago for ticking they replaced the lifters and the tick is still there so I took it back in today they said they are gonna call STAR and see what they say to do next. Not sure who STAR is or what that means but hopefully they figure out whats going on and fix it. This is the 2nd I took her back for the tick and 6th time total since I bought it. Starting to get annoyed bringing it in for service almost once a month. Ill keep everyone updated on what they say
Old 05-07-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

That sucks. When did you get the jeep?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Purchased in Nov build date of 9/11
Old 05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That stinks!! Which dealer did you take it to?

Good luck man...
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Good luck, rocky start...mileage when it started?
Old 05-07-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mines in too, same thing, same build date. 12000 miles...
Old 05-08-2012, 02:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
That stinks!! Which dealer did you take it to?

Good luck man...
Took it to Autopark in cary, they have been good the sales people have given me a car to drive each time and the service guy there seems to be pretty cool he calls me with updates and kepts me informed of whats going on with my jeep. Can't be mad at them they are just doing the repairs they are told to do and they didnt build the jeep just gets annyoing after a while I love my jeep just want to be able to drive it not take it to the shop all time
Old 05-08-2012, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blues 2
Good luck, rocky start...mileage when it started?
It started early on think I noticed it at under 1000 just thought it was normal until I read some threads on the forums saying its a problem. Now Im at 7000
Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Havent heard anything back yet. But I did call and talk to the sales manager and see what he would do for me if I wanted to get rid of the Jeep and get different one. I love my Jeep but now starting to get annoyed with it taking it in for service all the time and worried about the reliability of it now that the engine has been dug into. I doubt I will get a good deal but worth a shot if not I will just hope there is no more problems and if there is keep taking it back and maybe do the lemmon law and get a new one
Old 05-08-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ncbmx64
Havent heard anything back yet. But I did call and talk to the sales manager and see what he would do for me if I wanted to get rid of the Jeep and get different one. I love my Jeep but now starting to get annoyed with it taking it in for service all the time and worried about the reliability of it now that the engine has been dug into. I doubt I will get a good deal but worth a shot if not I will just hope there is no more problems and if there is keep taking it back and maybe do the lemmon law and get a new one
hey, do the lemon law, don't trade it in. Make them give you a new jeep with same options and same price. if they can't fix it.

Quick Reply: 2012 back in the shop