Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Aircon(and heat) wasn't working this morning

Old 06-18-2020, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aircon(and heat) wasn't working this morning

Aircon(and heat) wasn't working this morning. I ran a quick errand and it never came one. I turned the car on again, no luck, and then I accelerated up a hill and it suddenly worked. Any idea what might be going on?
Old 06-18-2020, 08:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Since you are referencing both the ac and heat, are you just talking about the blower? You're not saying the air is blowing but is neither cold when on ca or hot when on heat.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Since you are referencing both the ac and heat, are you just talking about the blower? You're not saying the air is blowing but is neither cold when on ca or hot when on heat.
Not sure. There was no air coming out of the vent regardless of what I did with the dials. And then it suddenly kicked on and worked as expected when I accelerated up the hill.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Then yes, you are talking about the actual blower, not necessarily the ac or heat. We seem to have some finicky blowers. I had to replace mine about 6 months after buying my jeep brand new back in 2013. Every once in a blue moon the blower will cut out for 10 seconds or so and come back just like nothing happened. If this is something that continues happening, I think I'd look at the blower motor itself. I'd think less likely that it would be the control switch or fan resistor (what controls the fan speed setting when you turn the knob). I think for now I'd cross my fingers and hope it was just a one-time odd occurrence. It seems back when I had to have mine replaced, it was cutting in and out fairly often.

Old 06-18-2020, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Then yes, you are talking about the actual blower, not necessarily the ac or heat. We seem to have some finicky blowers. I had to replace mine about 6 months after buying my jeep brand new back in 2013. Every once in a blue moon the blower will cut out for 10 seconds or so and come back just like nothing happened. If this is something that continues happening, I think I'd look at the blower motor itself. I'd think less likely that it would be the control switch or fan resistor (what controls the fan speed setting when you turn the knob). I think for now I'd cross my fingers and hope it was just a one-time odd occurrence. It seems back when I had to have mine replaced, it was cutting in and out fairly often.
Thinks for the tip! The blower did sound like this video a few weeks ago, so looks like it might be on it's way out.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I have not dug into mine, but I believe, from a different thread, you're just talking a ~$70 part, 3 bolts, and an electronic connection, so not a difficult swap if that is the case.

Quick Reply: Aircon(and heat) wasn't working this morning