Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep wash

Old 07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeepling

I run it through a small river. Does the job. but a buddy of mine runs his jk through car washes all the time and says he never had problems.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second the 303 suggestion, and I wash my jeep once a week by hand at one of those high pressure do it yourself places, no probs yet.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

The dealership where I bought mine has unlimted free brush car washes. I have a soft top and have taken through about once a week, although, it doesn't do a very good job for the undercarriage, I have had no issues.

On the other hand, when the attenna starts flapping around, it scares the shit outta me.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i normally hand wash mine but i have used automatic car washes and hand brush type... the automatic did a good job.. just crank up tha AC and the positive pressure seems to keep water out..

now at the normal brush car wash i am disappointed because when i run that brush over my soft top windows it scratches em like crazy... so for the last 4 months it been all home washes for me.. (saves money for more mods)
Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Take both of ours through the hand wash. 1 is hard top and the other soft top. No issues or leaks. Can't do it now though....Tops are off of both!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Ben washes his by hand about twice a week, or more if it rains, I get up and do it early before work, but it doesn't take long at all on a 2 dr jk, they are so small, less than 10 minutes from dirty to dry. (Use a wax as u dry spray when drying, it doesn't rly wax imo, but it does dry it good and gets the water spots off and leaves a polished sheen on it.)

And after wheeling I do the underside by hand also, paying special attention to moving parts!!!

Clean it up get it dirty, Clean it up get it dirty, Clean it up get it dirty....

Quick Reply: Jeep wash