Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LUK Repset 01-046 2007 JKU

Old 03-16-2018, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Thumbs up

Two vehicles with Luk clutches in my garage right now with lots of miles that have been working fine for years. They sell a lot of clutches worldwide, even OEM. I'm thinking that if there was a real problem, it would be well known.

Have I talked you into ordering?
Old 03-16-2018, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Two vehicles with Luk clutches in my garage right now with lots of miles that have been working fine for years. They sell a lot of clutches worldwide, even OEM. I'm thinking that if there was a real problem, it would be well known.

Have I talked you into ordering?
Haha I think my mind was already made up just wanted to validate it 😁😎🤟
Old 03-31-2018, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by HostileJK
Haha I think my mind was already made up just wanted to validate it 😁😎🤟
Any news yet, thinking about doing the clutch on mine this summer...
Old 03-31-2018, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Any news yet, thinking about doing the clutch on mine this summer...
Gonna do it in fact it's on its way however been helping family clear an estate sale my time is limited man. Hope to update you soon 😁
Old 03-31-2018, 08:28 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Gonna do it in fact it's on its way however been helping family clear an estate sale my time is limited man. Hope to update you soon 😁
Looking forward to that. Take care.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default Here we go

Time permitting I'll be starting on the clutch tomorrow and will let you know how it goes and how everything fits. This attachment should help clear up the confusion on these clutches and the dowel pin issues.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:46 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Interesting, thanks for posting that.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Default Started on mine too!

Just started disassembly, clutch came in the mail today! Ended up buying a Sachs, it was a coin toss with Luk. The barely audible TOB noise turned major while on a trip, so this is a lot earlier than I planned.

Two tips so far: To remove the center console the parking brake has to be up near the stop. There's a metal tab on the self-adjust that when pushed forward with a screw driver will add some slack and make this easy. A screw driver is pointing to it in pic below. The other thing is the rear CV joint on the rear driveshaft was stuck pretty tight -- But there's a couple holes 180 degrees apart on the back side to put a punch through and tap it out gently. I'm planning to lower the trans slightly, take the rubber weather seal out, then take the shift tower off so the trans can slide rearward without the shift tower hitting stuff. The factory manual lacks details, but that's the way I've done it with similar cars/trucks. The Jeep is currently setting on ramps in the rear (nose down) to make the trans somewhat level so it's easier to slide it in/out of the clutch using the trans jack. Family event tomorrow, so you're going to get ahead of me -- Post any tips along the way.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Will do if I get time I have to Chef for my daughter late afternoon for Prom, only her Dad can make food worthy haha.

Why did you remove the console though, based on what I saw it should be able to remain in place if you tilt the tranny. I could be wrong though 🍺
Old 04-20-2018, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

<snip>Why did you remove the console though, based on what I saw it should be able to remain in place if you tilt the tranny. I could be wrong though </snip>
Didn't give it much thought, but was figuring it would be easier to get the rubber seal and shift tower off. Might be unnecessary, but simple once the shift knobs were off.

Have fun cooking! I'm headed to a B-day party for one of the grand-kids tomorrow.

Last edited by Mr.T; 04-20-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply: LUK Repset 01-046 2007 JKU