Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Mopar Transmission Cooler Kit

Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The reason for the post, (as pointed out in the first sentance), was to illustrate what the fluid level should be at certain known temperatures, since after installing a cooler, the temps will be lower.
I would hate to see anyone overfill the transmission thinking the level was low, when in fact it may be just right at the now lower average temperature.
Got it! Thanks Ronjenx, always trusted knowlage from your posts.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Ordered mine today...... They said it should be here tomorrow. Let the search for the next mod begin. . OlllllO.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question why are you guys installing these?

I have been offroading, and have drove 1000 miles and been in bumper to bumper traffic and no problems.(not all the same occasion, diff days)
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DFUN

I have been offroading, and have drove 1000 miles and been in bumper to bumper traffic and no problems.(not all the same occasion, diff days)
Because their automatic transmissions have been overheating?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Because their automatic transmissions have been overheating?
My tranny is an auto?

How would you know it's over heating?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

The 42RLE likes to get hot when you are driving in 4-lo. I've gotten the lovely HOTOIL light twice. The trans cooler affords an opportunity to mitigate trans oil temps in "extreme" conditions.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
The 42RLE likes to get hot when you are driving in 4-lo. I've gotten the lovely HOTOIL light twice. The trans cooler affords an opportunity to mitigate trans oil temps in "extreme" conditions.
Mine has always run cooler in 4lo than in 4hi.
Going to 4lo is one of the things I do to lower the trans temp when it begins to rise in 4hi while off-roading.

I haven't had a chance to see how the aux cooler will influence trans temps off road.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Mine has always run cooler in 4lo than in 4hi.
Going to 4lo is one of the things I do to lower the trans temp when it begins to rise in 4hi while off-roading.

I haven't had a chance to see how the aux cooler will influence trans temps off road.
Odd. I have only experienced the light in 4-lo. I'm installing a trans cooler this weekend... with next week off, hopefully I can do some real-world testing.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

Very CHEAP insurance, however I didn't get the mopar cooler I bought a b&m cooler
Old 05-22-2012, 01:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
Odd. I have only experienced the light in 4-lo. I'm installing a trans cooler this weekend... with next week off, hopefully I can do some real-world testing.
The automatic transmission can overheat in any t-case range, on or off road, mainly because the stock cooler is innadequate, and not even in the main air stream.

Yours has overheated only in 4lo because that may be the only times you are moving quite slow, remaining in 1st or 2nd, and demanding more than a little power.

Lots of people overheat in 4hi.

Quick Reply: Mopar Transmission Cooler Kit