Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Oil Filter Recommendation

Old 06-02-2007, 03:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your neighbor is a doctor, its cheaper to ask him at home. If he wants to Xerox your insurance card, change the subject and compliment his lawn.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Jedi

Howdy neighbor!

By the way doc, my son tore up his ligaments in his ankle, bad sprain, landed on someones foot coming down with a rebound. He is on his 3rd week. Did the ice thing for a while, after a couple of days did the alphabet with his foot exercises.Been jogging on level surfaces for a week, sprinting straight for a week, now starting to cut back and forth slowly. All with a brace on. When can he go full force, without worry. How long should he wear that brace. (lace up canvas kind with criss-cross elastic and plastic stays) He wears a neoprene brace for daily activity.

Oh, and your lawn looks good!

I'll fax over my card!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will say, since I just had a Grade 3 sprain of my ankle last week, that he should wear the ASO brace (lace up) for 3 weeks for all activities, and for 3 months with sports. However, this is not medical advice, and for that you should truly ask your personal physician/orthopedist. And if he disagrees, certainly do not tell him you got the idea off the internet. That being said, the mentioned advice is standard operating procedure for most sprains.
When does he followup with his ortho?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
I will say, since I just had a Grade 3 sprain of my ankle last week, that he should wear the ASO brace (lace up) for 3 weeks for all activities, and for 3 months with sports. However, this is not medical advice, and for that you should truly ask your personal physician/orthopedist. And if he disagrees, certainly do not tell him you got the idea off the internet. That being said, the mentioned advice is standard operating procedure for most sprains.
When does he followup with his ortho?
Yes, I'll tell him we heard from a doctor on a Jeep website, under oil filter recommendations?

I don't know that we really have a follow up appointment. They x-rayed it, gave him the things to do week by week, and telling him not to play earlier than 4 weeks even though he may feel okay. He said the biggest problem is that not only the ligaments are torn but at the same time you damage a lot of nerves. With your foot not necessarily sending the proper information to the brain you could easily misplace your foot again and do more damage. Makes sense to me so he is taking it slow but getting anxious to get back in the mix. It is early but they are playing spring ball now and summer tournaments soon. Thats when they start seeing who who for the line up next year. It will be his senior year at high school. Thanks!

Oh, a what grade oil do you use? ...................... Can't have a moderator highjacking the thread!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Uh, I use Mobil 1 5W-30 right now, but I've only changed it once. I will probably put 20 in it next time.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with Mobile one oil and the Pure One oversize filter(PL 20195). Oil level is good on 6 Qts., and I think I can hear a difference converting to Syth. I wonder If my MPG will improve.

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Recommendation