Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift

Old 06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift

The general purpose of this thread was to save money on my first lift kit build. I sourced parts from different people mostly Northridge4x4.com, it started with some springs from a user from this forum for dirt cheap and the rest soon followed. I have under 1000 in my lift and it flexes with the best of them utilizing the stock control arms, extended brake lines, extended 11 inch travel shocks, and some testing. I could not find a lift with the necessary parts so I put together my own combo.

The new purpose of this thread is to prove to the doubters that you have to pay a lot for your lift. It also allows you to use the stock unlimited control arms to flex like every other lift out there on the market. I have learned a lot through the process. Shock travel is the key to this process, then everything else that moves around that part needs to be able to move the same. Below is how you do it.

JKS Front and Rear Adjustable Trackbars, 4" Skyjacker Coils installed : https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=44547&page=6
Shocks installed: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=44547&page=7
Crown Brake Lines, Rubicon Express Links installed: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=44547&page=8
RTI Ramp, Flex Test: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=44547&page=9<------------------------------------- BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE FLEX OF THE STOCK CONTROL ARMS
Teraflex Control Arms installed: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=44547&page=10

This is the order I purchased the parts. You wont need control arms to the very end. You can run stock control arms as long as you can live with the wandering on the street.

Parts utilized - Price (Seller) .........

4 Inch skyjacker springs - 155 shipped (Private Seller)
4 Inch Full Traction Hydros - 155 shipped (Northridge4x4)
Front JKS adjustable track bar - 139.95 shipped (Northridge4x4)
Rear JKS adjustable track bar - 139.95 shipped (Northridge4x4)
Terraflex rear brake line drop braket, rear bumpstops - 20.00 ??? (free from previous lift kit)
Crown Brake lines, Rubicon Express RE1157 rear links - 110.00 shipped (Northridge4x4)
Teraflex front lower adjustable control arms - 250.00 shipped (Northridge4x4)

Total price in parts is 950 shipped.
You wont find a kit with brakelines, adjustable track bars and control arms for this price range. Plus there is satisfaction in knowing you built your own lift.

Last edited by JulietKilo; 12-14-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 06-16-2008, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your gonna want some adjustable control arms at some point.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
your gonna want some adjustable control arms at some point.
Right! But for now this should all work well togther correct. In fact I based most of it from the Rustys lift with just springs shocks and track bars.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ryan37
Track bar brackets, coil spring retainers, extended sway bar links, and you should be ok!
why do i need track bar brackets if I bought adjustable track bars? i have coil spring retainers in the garage that I will make. i already have sway bar links as mentioned in the first post.

Did you even read my first post.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

Looks good!

Good luck with the install. Don't forget to post pics when you're finished!

Old 06-17-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

what about wheels and tires? to keep the theme, you should get 4 different wheels and 4 different tires. all the same size of course
Old 06-17-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Junkie

Oh, sorry. Missed the sway links, but you will still need brackets. I have asked, and it is about the angles, not just the track bar length. But good call
You're right, it is about the angles, but you don't necessarily need the brackets. The ideal set up is too have a reliable bracket and adjustable trackbar, but you can have good angles without having a bracket.

Looking over your list JK, I don't notice anything that would hold you up other than some certain parts that I need to get to you. I should have them on the way to you tomorrow.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 06-17-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh, sorry. Missed the sway links, but you will still need brackets. I have asked, and it is about the angles, not just the track bar length. But good call
I dont believe this is completely neccessary because the 4 inch superlift comes with just the adjustable track bars as well as rustys 3.25 inch which is aobut 3.5 inches on an unlimited.

Thanks all and of course if you know me I will have a write up on it to add to my other 50 or so...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Maybe add extended brake lines or relocate the brackets?

~$600 for a 4" lift. Not bad at all.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Like was mentioned earlier, you'll need either ad to ajustable front upper and/or lower control arms or some cam bolts (not recommended) to correct your caster after the lift install. As is, you'll probably only have 1-2 degrees. 5-7 degrees will handle much better.

Quick Reply: Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift