Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2008 Mopar Remote Start Kit

Old 11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine installed from the dealer and I friggin love it. Its nice going to the window and starting it and going out to a nice warm jeep. If you get it just remember to set your heater the night before.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tommy3rd
i believe james76 did it to Wilbur. he might even have instructions...

Best mod yet. I dont think i need the hardtop this year because the heater in this thing is enough to melt anything that falls on it. Literally at full engine temp the heater full blast and int recycle....its like holding your hand in a flame...feels good for a second and then it burns

Info on the wiring can be found here

I put an audiovox 9801 keyless entry/remote starter/alarm all in one unit. If you want just a remote starter check out the audiovox 9055/9056 (same unit 56 is just an updated version with fewer wires)

9276 has remote start and keyless entry

and 9775 on up has alarm and all the above. The higher the # the more complex the system. 9801 is the most basic with 2 way paging remote. Tells you how long the Jeep has been running, also tells you what zone has set the alarm off...hood, door, or shock sensor

All of the aftermarket remote start systems will likely need a factory bypass kit.

bypasskit.com says PKU-CH2X or PKU-CH2X is the best solution. PKU-CH2X Apparently doesnt require cutting of the vehicle's MUX wire so that would be the better of the two IMHO

Check out this site for ordering info on these bypass kits. I can safely tell you they are a ROYAL PITA to program too!

Got any questions id be glad to help out
Old 11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK........ Update to the Compustar remote starter install. After some time on the phone with tech support they figured it out and it does indeed work very well. So now I can highly recommend this kit to anyone interested. Just be sure you use a good shop to install it as may be a bit tricky and require some tech support.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

The only problem I know of with the compustar system is that if your top is down ( or the window down ) someone can put your vehicle in gear without opening the door. Of course that is unlikely to happen but it can. I guess if you don't have your top up or your window is down don't use the autostart.

I'm going to use this type of system in my Jeep.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guess thats true but we'll only use it to warm it up and defrost it in the winter. Definately not top or window down weather!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Try this much nicer, much safer and takes the strain off your engine also

webastoshowroom.com/blueheat/blueheat_products.htm
$1800.00............. Ouch, no thanks.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

We just purchased an 08 Unlimited (traded in an 07 "X" 2-door- DOH!) with the auto pw, pdl. My husband really wanted the remote start. It's a nice feature for the chilly mornings. Guess what? The Jeep dealer might actually be the best choice for this (except DIYers).

Out the door, the complete kit is $207. Installed, it is $282... I ordered the kit from our dealer and even talked to the mechanic who will be intalling it. He says it takes 1.25 hours per "the book" to install it. Another nice thing about having the dealer put this in is this:

If the MOPAR part is installed by the dealer and is an item that was available on the vehicle, then it can be "added" to your warranty. I confirmed this with the service writers not just the mechanic.

Long and short, Steve get' his installed next week for $282 total and it will be covered under factory warranty. I discovered the pricing by going thru an on-line listing for Jeep Accessories for our local dealership. The dealership told me that any dealer should honor that price.

angela

Last edited by Laneco; 11-22-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How muc for the compustar system?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine for $330. They have a few options on remotes, ( range, 2 way paging, etc.) so it will depend on what you get. By the way I still love that bumper you made. Did you mke the sliders too or are they Shrockworks?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default factory remote option on Jeep.com

When I built my 6-speed rubi online it shows that the remote start is an option for $185.00. What's wierd is when I select it, it raises the total price by $1000.00 not $185.00... Anyways, is this just a glish on the jeep website and truly is not an option for the 6-speed's?

Quick Reply: 2008 Mopar Remote Start Kit