Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 12-22-2017, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by LoboMike
Love it man. Sweet setup and one of the best looking 2-dr Overland rigs I've seen. What tent/custom awning is that you're running out of the side like that? Would love to see some more pics of the rig .
I appreciate the compliments! It has been a labor of love and continues to be a work in progress. One piece at a time and all with a purpose!

The awning is the ARB 2000 and the tent is the ARB deluxe room. It is a rockin setup and works so well! I love having the awning everywhere. I do quite a bit of desert travel so having shade any time I need it is a major plus. The fact that the tent is also right off the side of the Jeep is also pretty rad. There is also access to the Jeep from the tent. The tent comes with provisions to run electrical to it as well as a magazine rack! Makes camp very comfy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1098.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	4.58 MB
ID:	676672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Joshua Tree-34.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	676673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Joshua Tree-32.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	676674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	842.2 KB
ID:	676675   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1063.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	824.6 KB
ID:	676676  

Old 01-16-2018, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark, really liked your Overlanders Do It In Bad Weather video
Old 01-20-2018, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. Thanks for sharing those pics too. I like that ARB tent and awning combo and especially since it can run electrical. Will have to keep it in mind for the future!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by NMBruce
Mark, really liked your Overlanders Do It In Bad Weather video
Thanks. It was something I had started last year and forgot about before publishing. Stumbled on it and figured I should finish it as a wintertime project.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NMBruce
...and next year I am going to Canada, the town of Tuktoyaktuk and Alaska.
Awesome! I went with a buddy in his BMW M-Coupe a couple years back ---> Inuvik or Bust! Ryan and my trip to the Arctic! - Expedition Portal!

This coming winter, a few other friends and I are doing a cheap vehicle challenge and going back in our 1998 Lincoln Towncar Limo (With my 2013 Jeep JKUR as the recovery/backup rig)

Last edited by QPDO; 01-26-2018 at 08:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JKMM2011 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 11:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by QPDO
Awesome! I went with a buddy in his BMW M-Coupe a couple years back ---> Inuvik or Bust! Ryan and my trip to the Arctic! - Expedition Portal!

This coming winter, a few other friends and I are doing a cheap vehicle challenge and going back in our 1998 Lincoln Towncar Limo (With my 2013 Jeep JKUR as the recovery/backup rig)

How fun! You might enjoy my videos of our trip up that way. This starts at Whitehorse and continues over several parts up toe Inuvik.

JKMM2011 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
How fun! You might enjoy my videos of our trip up that way. This starts at Whitehorse and continues over several parts up toe Inuvik.
Mark, I'm a huge fan of your travels and video diaries (I actually watched a few episodes last night of your Maze District Expedtion series). Your videos were what pushed me to modify my Jeep to be more expedition friendly in the first place. My wife and I will be going up to Dawson/Tombstone/Alaska on yet another trip this summer.

While I haven't had the time to plan a proper expedition, all my road-trips have been less than practical, in ridiculous vehicles, for stupid reasons and great water-cooler/campfire stories.
Mark Doiron (01-27-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow! I haven't checked in on the forum for months. Have to admit that I did little in the way of camping over the winter. Had a weekend trip in November, then a few day trips in through the winter, and just enjoyed another nice weekend trip with friends from Northwest Overland.

Pleased as punch with 10,000 miles on the BFG All-Terrains I bought last year before the long drive to Alaska from my home in Washington. About 5,000 miles round trip. The BFG's have come through our Pacific Northwest winter just fine, performing even better than their predecessors. Note the Teraflex mud flaps.. A state trooper was kind enough to pull me over and explain that I needed those... He was right!

All decked out for winter/Christmas:
Click image for larger version

Name:	0YXxqCdl.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	680641

Click image for larger version

Name:	pnQYhGcl.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	680642

Recently tried a set of cable chains. They helped, but were not as good as my old link-style chains off-pavement. I'll be adding some links and probably another cross-link to make the old chains big enough to fit my current tires.

Anyway, howdy! It's been a while.

Guy
Old 03-16-2018, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just got back

My wife and I just returned from a two month trip to escape the cold weather here in Idaho. We started out near Hurricane UT, then to Logandale NV, Barstow CA, Salton City CA, Glamis CA, Lake Havasu City AZ, Parker AZ, Wickenburg AZ, Sedona AZ and the Table Mesa area just off I 17 North of Phoenix. We flat towed the Jeep and boondocked in the motorhome except for one week with some friends at an RV camp near Wickenburg. I use the Funtreks guidebooks to find the trails most of the time and they are really great. Attached are a few photos. The scenery shot is of some bighorn sheep on the skyline. there is a shot of our camp near Sedona, the tight trails shots are near Barstow, the shot with the pink tour Jeep is on the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona and the wheelie sequence is near Parker I think.

JKMM2011 (04-09-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 12:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
Wow! I haven't checked in on the forum for months. ...
Yes, and I've been keeping a list. ;-) Nice shots, BTW.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!